Scansnap isn't wireless

We ordered a new Scanner when Evernote tech support and I  determined the first one we got wouldn't connect wirelessly. New scanner has exact same issue. Scanner works fine via USB. Whne it connects to our network it then becomes invisible to my Macbook. Only works connected. Scansnap application keeps shutting itself down once scanner is connected to the network. Nice bright green light with an active good IP. When I run diag, application says connection to the wan is fine. I ran through all of the usual install, un-install, stood on my head, aluminum foil hats and cursing but none of those worked. Is it possible that the scanner just isn't going to work wirelessly with my computer? BTW OSX 10.8.5

post-204169-0-27223100-1401549916_thumb.

post-204169-0-36706000-1401549917_thumb.

post-204169-0-68807900-1401550205_thumb.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

Not really qualified to comment on Macs (or scanner wi-fi),  but you could test out with another image-handling package, most of which can import scanned images.  Will another app work wirelessly?  If so = Evernote problem.  If not = network issue.

• 2 months later...

My scanner just arrived and is exhibiting identical behavior.  Green wifi light, Wireless Setup tool give a big thumbs up, but the ScanSnap manager always says, as yours does, "Cannot connect to ScanSnap."

I bought this scanner so that I'd be able to scan wirelessly.  If this is not the case, I'll have to return and go elsewhere.

-Jamie

• Level 5*

My scanner just arrived and is exhibiting identical behavior.  Green wifi light, Wireless Setup tool give a big thumbs up, but the ScanSnap manager always says, as yours does, "Cannot connect to ScanSnap."

I bought this scanner so that I'd be able to scan wirelessly.  If this is not the case, I'll have to return and go elsewhere.

-Jamie

See my post above yours - do any alternatives work?

Archived