Left Swipe for Shortcuts not in latest version?

My Galaxy Note 3 just updated to a new version two minutes ago and to my dismay, I can't left swipe anymore to get the list of shortcuts. Whenever I try to swipe from right to left, I get the alphabet to quickly get to the notebooks beginning with that letter. 

Ah, I was able to get to the shortcuts, but only twice in 18 swipes. Can't quite figure out where I'm to put my finger to swipe. Anyone else seeing this?

• Level 5*

Seems a little finicky now that it has the scroll control. I get that more often than shortcuts. On the other hand, you can just tap the menu thingy (three dots) and Shortcuts is an entry on the menu.

Seems a little finicky now that it has the scroll control. I get that more often than shortcuts. On the other hand, you can just tap the menu thingy (three dots) and Shortcuts is an entry on the menu.

Odd, all I get when I click on those three dots are the Sync and Settings options...

Ah, I get the Shortcuts option but only if I am in "all notes".  If Notebooks is selected instead you only get Sync and Settings. 

Boy, it's getting complicated.

Swipe from the right border.

Hmm I admit I didn't know this panel until now, thx ^^

That works fine, but only if you have a note open and then swipe from right to left.  Try it after selecting Notebooks instead. You will get the scroolbar alphabet 90% of the time.

Hmm no, just works fine with a notebook list opened also.

Version 5.8.4?

Yup, 5.8.4

Here is exactly what I have.

From Main Menu select Notes.

... three dots menu includes Shortcuts

... swipe towards left catches on scroolbar 90% of the time

From Main Menu select Notebooks

... three dots menu: Sync and Settings only

... swipe towards left catches on new Alphabet scrollbar 90% of the time

From Main Menu select Tags

... three dots menu: Sync and Settings only

... swipe towards left brings up Shortcuts menu right away

I tried Places as well and works just like Tags.

When a note is open

...three dots menu includes Shortcuts

... swipe towards left brings up Shortcuts menu right away

When a notebook is open

...three dots menu includes Shortcuts

... swipe towards left brings up Shortcuts menu right away IF and only IF the scrollbar isn't activated my having multiple notes.

That's all I can think of to try. 

I guess it would be ok if it were more consistent.

If the three dot menu (is that the "settings" menu?) always included shortcuts, that might be ok.

Or if the main menu included Shortcuts as well as the entires for Notes, Notebooks, Tags, etc that would be good too.

I've come to depend on those shortcuts for everything.

@lisec I always have shorcuts in 3d menu while selecting NB or tags, but only with the full page list, not with the half splitted screen (hope I'm clear)

And no swipe problems...  (I'm on Android 4.2.2 tablet, don't know if it matters)

Archived