Feature request: bookmarks

Well, I suppose this all depends on how you define "bookmarks".

Evernote has the Web Clipper. The web clipper can capture anything from the very basic URL of any website (like a traditional browser bookmark, in a sense), to actually the entire formatted page. 

Unlike browser bookmarks, things clipped to Evernote benefit from the various organizational features in Evernote. 

Perhaps you can clarify what it is you want Evernote to do?

Well, I suppose this all depends on how you define "bookmarks".

Evernote has the Web Clipper. The web clipper can capture anything from the very basic URL of any website (like a traditional browser bookmark, in a sense), to actually the entire formatted page. 

Unlike browser bookmarks, things clipped to Evernote benefit from the various organizational features in Evernote. 

Perhaps you can clarify what it is you want Evernote to do?

What I get from the WebClipper is what I don't want. When it creates a bookmark clip using WebClipper, I get the name of the site as the name of the note, followed by text which repeats the name of the site, a favicon with url, and a short site description. I want a simpler view. I just want the site title once (as note name) and the favicon with hyperlink.

So for the WebClipper, I just want a "simple bookmark" mode. In Evernote desktop, I want a "New Bookmark" option which gives me a simplified interface for adding a bookmark. For example, the WebClipper does the Favicon and URL automatically, but the desktop client does not do this when you type in the address. If you just type in a URL in the note field, it does not automatically hyperlink, requiring me to select the text, right-click, and add hyperlink since a hyperlink icon is not readily available in the toolbar. If I paste in the URL it will retain the link, but shows the full link instead of the truncated version.

Archived