Bug: Copying and pasting an attachment tile destroys it

Hyphz

Hi,

I'm generally very pleased with Evernote but I am still troubled by the existence of a bug that is quite dangerous and seems to have persisted for several years.

The problem occurs if you drag and drop a file into an Evernote note, creating an attachment tile, and then cut-and-paste or copy-and-paste an area of text including that attachment tile. As soon as you paste the text, the attachment tile ceases to function as an attachment tile. While it still appears, you cannot double click it to open the file. You can see this easily by copying text including an attachment and then pasting it elsewhere in the same note. The original attachment tile continues to work but the pasted one is dead and does nothing. However, where this is lethal is if you have instead CUT and pasted the attachment tile, in which case the attachment is effectively destroyed because you have nothing to click on to access it any more.

This is a big concern for me because when I am re-arranging text in a file, I cannot cut and paste any text with attachments in it and instead have to download the attachment and reattach it which is a huge pain in the bottom.

Any chance this could be fixed? I have reported it to support in the past, and it was acknowledged, but it still exists.

Hi,

I tried (only with cut/paste) but I didn't have the bug... however, the attachement (a zip) had sometimes been a little "capricious" to launch but I didn't lose anything.

Archived