Note content disappeared, replaced by the note name

jdcma

I used Evernote to write a long (very important) letter.   I closed Evernote and believe I manually synced it first. (I ALWAYS try to sync before I close it because I've had syncing issues before, so I trust that I also did this time.)  When I opened the note a few minutes later, all the text was GONE.  In its place was the title of the note, which was underlined as if it was a hyperlink. Initially I thought that the link would take me to the note. No such luck. It didn't take me anywhere.  Does anyone know why this occurred? I sent an email to Evernote support about 3-4 weeks ago and have not heard back.  Not uncommon. I'm having a hard time trusting Evernote because I've lost several notes over the past year. 

I used Evernote to write a long (very important) letter.   I closed Evernote and believe I manually synced it first. (I ALWAYS try to sync before I close it because I've had syncing issues before, so I trust that I also did this time.)  When I opened the note a few minutes later, all the text was GONE.  In its place was the title of the note, which was underlined as if it was a hyperlink. Initially I thought that the link would take me to the note. No such luck. It didn't take me anywhere.  Does anyone know why this occurred? I sent an email to Evernote support about 3-4 weeks ago and have not heard back.  Not uncommon. I'm having a hard time trusting Evernote because I've lost several notes over the past year. 

I have never encountered this, nor do I know what happened.  FYI, you need to submit a support ticket to get Evernote support. (See my sig.)

• Level 5*

..And if you have a support ticket number from 3-4 weeks ago,  please post it here - we'll get someone to look at it.  I assume you were using the web version of Evernote rather than the Windows Touch or Desktop client,  otherwise the note should have been saved to your local hard drive.  If you are using the web version then you're dependent on your internet connection and the browser to save the note to the server which may explain why you're having a generally bad experience in this area.  Either way BnF is right - talk to Support because they can check what's been received on the server and maybe get something back for you...

Archived