Note change information not being saved

EdH

• Level 5*

Is anyone having issues with things like tags and reminders not being saved in a note? I have EN 5.4.1.3741.

What happens is I make changes to a note (tags, reminders, folder) and then 10-15min later (my sync is set for 15min) all of that is gone and the note is back in my default @Inbox notebook. Doing it a second time works.

What I think might be happening is the newer builds of EN are trying to deal better with conflict resolution and it may be overriding my changes in the client with what is on the server.

This happened with 2 notes this morning. I was sure I had duplicate notes but a search indicated I didn't, so the notes are being changed back by the client.

Haven't noticed this on the Mac, but we also don't have the new conflict resolution and note locking that the Windows client just received. I think you may be right to consider those new features to be the culprit. 

• Level 5*

I'm having the same problem. I tried reinstalling Evernote and it still does it. If conflict resolution is indeed the problem, is there any way to turn that off?

Did you submit a ticket on this?

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem and have submitted a ticket but no solution. It seems to happen with older style notes that have a grey box and 'Add Notes here' - you can add away but it does not save anything you add. The newer notes work fine. I suspect it is an upgrade conflict. Any ideas welcome.

• Level 5*

I have notes new and old and no longer have this issue. Have you looked at these same notes in the web interface? I don't have any gray boxes around my notes denoting any before/after a certain upgrade.

Archived