How can I share multiple tags?

Kerstin

As I have accumulated valuable tags over time with the Web Clipper which could be useful for my colleague now, I am wondering how to share them. There must be a function allowing sharing multiple tags and not having to share them one by one?! Or copy and paste them?

I don't have the tags in a certain notebook, so sharing the notebook wouldn't help.

Haven't found anything about this; can someone help?

Thank you in advance!

As I have accumulated valuable tags over time with the Web Clipper which could be useful for my colleague now, I am wondering how to share them. There must be a function allowing sharing multiple tags and not having to share them one by one?! Or copy and paste them?

I don't have the tags in a certain notebook, so sharing the notebook wouldn't help.

Haven't found anything about this; can someone help?

Thank you in advance!

Notebooks do not contain tags. And I don't think you can simply share tags for the sake of sharing tags. If you mean you want to share NOTES by their tags, that is not possible. Notes are either shared individually or by sharing a notebook.

Thanks for your quick reply. Maybe I don't use the Notebook function properly as I never change it. I only have one Notebook and use the Web Clipper to tag and find things again. Works fine for me.

But now I want to share the things I have collected. When I search for the tags, many valuable tags come up I would like to share completely as a list. But not the Notebook as this would be too much.

So copying and pasting the URLs should be the solution for this?

Ah, you want to share notes, not tags. Notebooks contain notes

To share notes with your colleague you could create a new notebook, share that notebook with your colleague by right-clicking on the newly created notebook and select (share notebook). 

Anything you want to share with your colleague you can move into this shared notebook, they will be able to access it. Anything you add afterwards will be also accessible. Anything you remove will be inaccessible. 

You can allow your colleague to edit the contents of this shared notebook, or you can allow them to just view the contents. This depends on what your needs are.

If you are a free user, you can share ONE notebook with edit privileges, and many with view only privileges. 

Thanks Scott! I have now created a new notebook, searched for my keywords and dragged the results into the new notebook which I then shared with my colleagues.

It was a bit confusing as I was not sure if the notes are now shifted into the new notebook (and not copied) as the notes didn't disappear in the view; I checked and it seems that they have been moved and not copied. 

The tags I was referring to are from the Web Clipper. I find that quite useful. So far, I searched for the tags to find things again. However, I didn't know about the excellent search function so I could even search for keywords in any notes, no matter which tags I gave them. Sometimes the tags evolve over time; the search function for keywords is more useful in that respect. Great to learn more about Evernote.

Thank you all for your quick help, problem solved!

• 2 weeks later...

It still would be great to be able to share all notes containing a certain tag, like a saved search result, without the need to share each new tagged note. I wouldn't want to create a separate notebook for that either. It's not the most necessary feature though.

It still would be great to be able to share all notes containing a certain tag, like a saved search result, without the need to share each new tagged note. I wouldn't want to create a separate notebook for that either. It's not the most necessary feature though.

Agreed

Archived