Deleting a note doesn't send to "Trash"

I'm a long time user of Evernote and thought very highly of it until last night.  My GF was cleaning up her notes on her android and sent me a link to some old family recipes. She sent me the link by email and before I could click on it to save the note to my Evernote account, she deleted the note.  I told her no worries, just get it back from the "Trash" folder.  Well, its not even in there.  Even after syncing her Samsung Note 3 device to the cloud, still nothing. This is one of the primary reasons I talk my customers out of "Going to the Cloud". There is no guarantee of data recovery. This is why I bought a redundant NAS device and started my own cloud.

I'm a long time user of Evernote and thought very highly of it until last night. My GF was cleaning up her notes on her android and sent me a link to some old family recipes. She sent me the link by email and before I could click on it to save the note to my Evernote account, she deleted the note. I told her no worries, just get it back from the "Trash" folder. Well, its not even in there. Even after syncing her Samsung Note 3 device to the cloud, still nothing. This is one of the primary reasons I talk my customers out of "Going to the Cloud". There is no guarantee of data recovery. This is why I bought a redundant NAS device and started my own cloud.

Yes, deleting a note DOES put it in the Evernote trash. However, if one empties the trash & syncs, then yes, the note is no longer in the trash. This is expected behaviour.

I'm a long time user of Evernote and thought very highly of it until last night. My GF was cleaning up her notes on her android and sent me a link to some old family recipes. She sent me the link by email and before I could click on it to save the note to my Evernote account, she deleted the note. I told her no worries, just get it back from the "Trash" folder. Well, its not even in there. Even after syncing her Samsung Note 3 device to the cloud, still nothing. This is one of the primary reasons I talk my customers out of "Going to the Cloud". There is no guarantee of data recovery. This is why I bought a redundant NAS device and started my own cloud.

Yes, deleting a note DOES put it in the Evernote trash. However, if one empties the trash & syncs, then yes, the note is no longer in the trash. This is expected behaviour.

Hate to tell you this, but she doesn't even know how to empty the Evernote trash.  

Hate to tell you this, but she doesn't even know how to empty the Evernote trash.  

Did you check the trash in the web client or a desktop client? 

Archived