Evernote and partner Iheath

bpgasguy

I have had Evernote for quite some time and have not used it very much until about a week ago. I only using the free version until i see if its worth paying the fee for premium. What i have done is setup some partner (IHealth) and want to sync the Blood Pressure readings with them. Have been on both sites and have everything setup to sync. I don't get anything. I have contacted support with the question and have not heard back from them. It has been almost 5 days and no response. That's a big strike against them if they expect me to pay for the premium version.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

When you contacted Evernote support, did you get an automated response that contained a ticket number? You should normally get one in an email a few minutes after you submit your support request. If so, please post that ticket number here so we can flag it for staff attention. Normally you would have received a response well before 5 business days have passed. 

If you didn't get a ticket number, that means Evernote never received your request, which is why you would not have received a response. You will need to submit another support request. 

Have you also contacted iHealth support? There may be an issue on their end too. 

Thanks for reaching out--part of the delay you're seeing from support is because of your free status--when overall support volumes bump up, there can be delays in terms of when we reach free users--Premium users get to the front of the line as part of their Premium account. I've gone ahead and upped the priority of your ticket, though I expect it probably won't be handled before week's end.

Your question is also related to a third party integration, and we can only provide limited support in these circumstances. I would definitely suggest reaching out to iHealth if you haven't yet, since they are the ones who built and handle their integration with our API. Unless something with our API isn't working, it's likely that any support issues that need to be handled are on their end of the integration.

thanks for your reply and i did reach out to the third party for assistance and i actually got a faster reply from them. and as usual the finger pointing is the same. I would say this I do understand when you get something for nothing u get Lower priority than something u pay for. having said that why would i pay for something that i can't rely on ? If your going to partner with someone you should make sure it works from both sides before releasing it to the public.

I have seen a little bit trickle into evernote from the first days data there is still 4 more days to go and don't know how or why it is doing that much

Thanks for your help 

thanks for your reply and i did reach out to the third party for assistance and i actually got a faster reply from them. and as usual the finger pointing is the same. I would say this I do understand when you get something for nothing u get Lower priority than something u pay for. having said that why would i pay for something that i can't rely on ? If your going to partner with someone you should make sure it works from both sides before releasing it to the public.

I have seen a little bit trickle into evernote from the first days data there is still 4 more days to go and don't know how or why it is doing that much

Thanks for your help 

To be fair, Evernote is not responsible for the reliability and performance of products and services they do not develop. It is Evernote's responsibility to ensure their APIs are functioning properly, it seems to be the case that the Evernote APIs are currently working fine. 

It is up to iHealth and iHealth alone to ensure that their product and service is functioning reliably, and that their use of Evernote's APIs is correct. Evernote does not have any authority over how third parties choose to develop their own products. 

It sounds to me like perhaps this might be an instance of user error, or something peculiar about your particular configuration, rather than an issue with either iHealth or Evernote. 

Option 1) Re-establish authorization

When you log into www.evernote.com, go to "account settings" and in the sidebar, navigate to "applications".

Is iHealth in this list? They should be if they have been correctly authorized to interact with your evernote account. If they are not, then you might need to try and re-authorize (probably by logging out of Evernote on iHealth's end, and re-setting up this integration). 

If it IS listed in this list, consider revoking access, then re-initiating access from iHealth's end. 

Option 2) Two Factor problem?

Do you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Evernote account? If you disable it, and re-authorize iHealth, does this resolve the issue?

EDIT:

So you are actually seeing data from iHealth get into Evernote?? If it isn't the data you expected, or it is incomplete, I suspect this is an iHealth issue. I don't think my steps above will help. 

This should be resolved. Looks like there was a brief period of time last week when iHealth data was stuck in the pipeline waiting to be sent over to Evernote. Everything should now be back to normal, and iHealth is looking into implementing an earlier warning system to prevent/catch delays sooner. 

Archived