super script and sub script option (plzz add )

Hellow EN team ... I am a regular Ever note user ... and I make all my study note of physics chemistry and maths via my evernote app for android .. its really an awesome app and am thinking to go premium.

Can u please add the subscript and superscript option in the app . As its quite messy to write physics notes without superscripts as most of the things in physics are in 10 to the power of somthing something.. and in chemistry .. i really miss the feature of subscript as I have to write chemical equation which have yhe use of subscripts like H2O :)

Plz this feature for the app ..

Thank u

• Level 5*

There's an editor rewrite on the way (we're told) which might include some improvements such as this,  but there's no sign yet exactly when that might land.. meantime I'm absolutely not suggesting that you jump ship,  but if you look around for another app that does support this formatting - OneNote maybe? - and draft your notes there,  then import to Evernote,  you may find the formatting is maintained....

• Level 5*

;)  I did say "another app" - anything else that supports super/sub scripts or chemical notation my just copy/ paste into a note,  or at worst you can attach a document file saved on another app to the note so you can open and edit it in the original application (if it's installed..).

Please let us know what you eventually find if you do go with a work-around while Evernote sort out the native editor..

• 2 months later...

If the EN team are in the middle of an editor re-write for the Android, then please don't forget the HORIZONTAL LINE as well ... such a useful feature for laying out notes. I noticed in older posts this was giving problem.  But it looks like that has been fixed as I'm having no issues in viewing/editing notes, written in Windows with horizontal lines, on my droids.  I just can add horizontal lines with the Android version.

Shashank ... why not use the handwriting feature to write your equations.  Not ideal I know, but it will keep all your notes in one place.  And I think I've just read that there is a beta release out of EN that does a better job of integrating in-line pics/attachments into a note (but I could be wrong ... I'm sure gazumped will know more about this).

• Level 5*

... I'm sure gazumped will know more about this).

:)  Thanks for the vote,  but I'm not that much more in the know..  I'm currently using both WIndows and Android beta versions,  and the 'droid does do 'reasonable' handwriting - but that's me (terrible handwriting) and my normal use case,  in which I steer as far away from formulae as I can.  It's a very good suggestion though,  and one that hadn't occurred to me before.  Thanks for the thought!

.. Which also prompts the suggestion - just write any complicated bits on paper and take a picture of the paper to include in the narrative of the note.

Best advice - try all the options available,  and see which one works best for you.

Not for the same reason that you would like this feature added, Shashank, but I would LOVE to see it as well! And in both the Android and Windows clients. (Unless I've missed it, I don't believe the Windows client(s) support it either.

Evernote...+ 1 for me. Or plus a gazillion if that would help...

Archived