New Premium User -Initial/Bulk Data load and limits?

As a new user with a large amount of existing notes and documents that I like to get into Evernote, well...yesterday, I am wondering if there is a way to get an "initial data load" waiver for a price from Evernote? I'm importing documents a few at a time, but my email imports lend themselves to being done in bulk, hundreds at a time.  I added and run a rule to my Mac OS X mail program to forward and delete email receipts for things i've ordered online over the years. It hit my email forwarding limit in almost no time at all.

Where I work, when a new data processing job is added, there is a usually a special "initial data load" event where data send to use from the previous data processor is loaded into our system. Since it's so much larger and normal data processing loads, special precautions are taken to make sure that it goes smoothly as the storage, time, memory ,and CPU loads are way above the norm.  If nothing else, it would be great for new users if you could purchase a one-time use bulk data load waiver to get started with Evernote.

As it is, I'll have write up complicate rules to divide imports into small chunks, and safeguard againt emails being deleted before I can confirm that they were imported into Evernote.

There is nothing branded like that from Evernote. There are some options though, since it sounds like you are willing to put a bit of money down. 

Depending on how much you need to add up front, you could simply get one month of premium for $5, that will give you 1gb of quota. 

If you need even more, you can get another gigabyte on top of that for $5. 

So, for $10 you could load 2gb of data into Evernote right off the bat, plus you'll have a month of premium features. After that, you can continue to ride the premium train if you like that, or drop to free at the end of your monthly premium cycle. 

That's probably the best way to work with what Evernote has to offer. 

IIRC, once you are premium, you can add up to four additional gigs (like Scott mentioned) per month at $5 per gig. However, the additional gigs do not roll over. IOW, if you are premium & have 1 day left in your cycle, you would not want to add an additional gig unless you will be able to use most of that additional gig in one day. 

Also, I would suggest kind of taking it slow & tapering on.  Sometimes, people get over zealous & do a lot of work on transitioning to a new system, only to find a month or two later that it doesn't always work the way they thought it might.  I'm not dogging EN b/c I use it every single day on multiple computers & devices, have over 62,000 notes in my main account & have a few other accounts.  But I'd hate to see you spend $25 on loading data into your account only to find out there's something missing for your purposes later.

I should have mentioned that I'm a premium user as of about a week ago. I decided to jump into Evernote with both feet. With a little over 1 week of using it, I'm sold. Anything that I complain about is really me whining because something is slowing down my adoption of the Evernote ecosystem.

Thanks for the tip on how to purchase addition storage. I think that I hit the email forwarding limit of 250 emails/day as there are about  900 emails in the folder I was forwarding to EN. From the research I've done, it looks like I cannot buy my way past the limit, so I'll have to forward 250 emails a day until I get them all in. 

And I'll have to remember not to forward any other emails into EN until after I'm done.

• Level 5

As it is, I'll have write up complicate rules to divide imports into small chunks, and safeguard againt emails being deleted before I can confirm that they were imported into Evernote.

Think long and hard about moving all your emails over to Evernote. 

Many emails are transitory and would only move you closer to the ceiling cap with minimal gain. 

I should have mentioned that I'm a premium user as of about a week ago. I decided to jump into Evernote with both feet. With a little over 1 week of using it, I'm sold. Anything that I complain about is really me whining because something is slowing down my adoption of the Evernote ecosystem.

Thanks for the tip on how to purchase addition storage. I think that I hit the email forwarding limit of 250 emails/day as there are about  900 emails in the folder I was forwarding to EN. From the research I've done, it looks like I cannot buy my way past the limit, so I'll have to forward 250 emails a day until I get them all in. 

And I'll have to remember not to forward any other emails into EN until after I'm done.

Yes, there is a limit on the incoming emails.  IIRC, that was initiated to prevent someone who has your direct-to-EN email address who then turns from friend to foe from being able to max out your account.  Look at any post by GrumpyMonkey.  In his sig, he has links to a public notebook on EN he maintains.  One of the entries is the various limits EN has.  In addition to the monthly upload limit and the incoming email limit that you are aware of, there is the note size limit & maybe something else.  I don't recall. 

WRT forwarding emails, since there is a "number of notes per account (100,000)" limit, I have taken to compiling some of my (archived in EN) emails into one note.  IE, when using Outlook, if I select 10 emails that pertain to the same issue, then "forward" them directly to my EN account, they are compiled into one, single note on EN.  That reduces my number of notes used in EN by 9 and keeps all the emails pertinent to the issue in one EN note. 

The emails are electronic receipts for goods. I keep them for warranty purposes, or just to remember what/where/when I purchased something. Occasionally I am asked to pony up an order number for software/hardware support, or perhaps the email has an activation code that I need when re-downloading and installing software.  I am not considering migrating all of my email, only ones that I may need to reference later.

The emails are electronic receipts for goods. I keep them for warranty purposes, or just to remember what/where/when I purchased something. Occasionally I am asked to pony up an order number for software/hardware support, or perhaps the email has an activation code that I need when re-downloading and installing software.  I am not considering migrating all of my email, only ones that I may need to reference later.

Depending upon how zealous you are to get all those emails into EN, you can combine those.  Once they are in a single note, the search function should find the note.  Then you can search within that note for a specific item. 

• Level 5

I am not considering migrating all of my email, only ones that I may need to reference later.

Good move.

Some of new users jump in too quickly and too deeply, just like I did 5 years ago with Evernote. A couple months later I did some backpedalling. Sounds like you have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish.

I'm doing my best to balance my desire to get everything into EN with the need to have organizational structure planned out ahead of time. I think I'm going to start stacks/folders/notes initially , and add tags later.

My free time is sparse, so I have to do the planning and importing in short bursts . With books, blogs, and these forums, I think that I'll get the basics down pretty quickly.

Thanks again to everyone who contribute to this thread. My question had been answered .

Archived