Evernote Desktop (Windows) App Does not Show All Tags

paulample

Hello

I have found that the Windows app does not show all the tags (and therefore not all the web clippings) that I have uploaded, and which are visible in the browser version.   When I click on the "Sync" icon, the  icon rotates for a long time (It's been going about 10 minutes now - not sure how much longer it will continue...).  I am on a fast cable internet connection.

Pls advise how I can make sure the web app displays all tags and clippings.

Thanks

Paul

• Level 5*

Hello

I have found that the Windows app does not show all the tags (and therefore not all the web clippings) that I have uploaded, and which are visible in the browser version.   When I click on the "Sync" icon, the  icon rotates for a long time (It's been going about 10 minutes now - not sure how much longer it will continue...).  I am on a fast cable internet connection.

Pls advise how I can make sure the web app displays all tags and clippings.

Thanks

Paul

You're saying the "Windows app" (the desktop app?) doesn't show what you've uploaded (from your mobile device?),  though they are visible in the browser version? - That suggests the mobile device has synced with the web server,  but your desktop hasn't yet done so.  The fact that the icon was still rotating would indicate that there's still information coming down.  Try syncing again.  The web app will display all your notes and tags if/ when you sync the information to it.

No mobile device involved here - I'm talking about the Windows desktop app and the downloaded Windows Evernote app,

The Evernote app seemed to sync eventually - but it took a long tine to do (over 10 minutes).  Is this normal?  Virtually all my notes are web clippings from the Crome or Firefox add-ons.

• Level 5*

Lets talk about the Browser and the Desktop apps - I got confused when you said you'd 'uploaded' some clips;  that implies you sent something from a local device - the PC or a mobile - to the internet.  Clipping from a web browser didn't seem to be 'upoading' to me.  Anyhoo - clipped stuff from the web browser will (of course) be visible in the browser.  You could go to Evernote.com in the browser and look at the web version of Evernote to make sure they've been copied correctly,  then you simply need to wait until your desktop app next syncs - usually every 30 minutes if you don't specifically sync it manually - to see them in the desktop app.

Time delays in seeing the clips may be due to the app not syncing immediately,  your local internet speeds being slow (because you're also using the net for more clips,  or for something else),  or because you clipped a lot of material and it just takes time to physically download the content into Evernote.

Archived