Saving Files and Updating Content

I am using Evernote with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Android platforms.  Most of my notes are clips and scans.  I have a few that are computer text files.  The text files seem to be handled differently.  With them, I have to make take extra steps.  Text files dragged directly into Evernote appear to be in the form of an attachment that then must be opened.

My text files are one page summaries of information that require minor editing several times a month ( a sentence modified, a date or amount changed).  This is a process that has been going on for a number of years without major changes.  My current operation is to open the latest version in MS Word or Open Office Writer, make the required changes and save it with a new file name (the old file name modified), drag the file into Evernote and delete the old copy.  (As I am writing this, I am realizing how complications have creeped into a rather mundane task)

What are others doing when you have a note that needs regular but minor updating? I would appreciate some ideas.

Bill

I am using Evernote with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Android platforms.  Most of my notes are clips and scans.  I have a few that are computer text files.  The text files seem to be handled differently.  With them, I have to make take extra steps.  Text files dragged directly into Evernote appear to be in the form of an attachment that then must be opened.

My text files are one page summaries of information that require minor editing several times a month ( a sentence modified, a date or amount changed).  This is a process that has been going on for a number of years without major changes.  My current operation is to open the latest version in MS Word or Open Office Writer, make the required changes and save it with a new file name (the old file name modified), drag the file into Evernote and delete the old copy.  (As I am writing this, I am realizing how complications have creeped into a rather mundane task)

What are others doing when you have a note that needs regular but minor updating? I would appreciate some ideas.

Bill

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/36258-help-storing-files-in-evernote/

If those text files are plain text, UTF-16 .txt files will be added as attachments, UTF-8 encoded .txt files will just show up as the body of the note.

Any other format of file that contains text (.docx, .rtf etc) will only ever show up as an attachment.

If those text files are plain text, UTF-16 .txt files will be added as attachments, UTF-8 encoded .txt files will just show up as the body of the note.

Any other format of file that contains text (.docx, .rtf etc) will only ever show up as an attachment.

Thanks, Scott.  That helps.

Archived