Note Title not included in searches

dmwagner

Is there a way to include the note title in the searches?  Currently when I search by something in the title that isn't in the note itself, they do not come up in the results.  My fix so far is to repeat the title again in the note.  But I have 547 notes in this one folder that I use to organize my projects.  It would be time consuming to go back through each of them to copy and paste the title into the body.

Is there a way to include the note title in the searches?  Currently when I search by something in the title that isn't in the note itself, they do not come up in the results.  My fix so far is to repeat the title again in the note.  But I have 547 notes in this one folder that I use to organize my projects.  It would be time consuming to go back through each of them to copy and paste the title into the body.

Searching in the note title is the default & works for me.  IOW, if "abc" is in the note title but not the note, that note is in the results pane when searching for abc.

Searching in the note title is the default & works for me.  IOW, if "abc" is in the note title but not the note, that note is in the results pane when searching for abc.

I assure you that isn't the case for myself.  

For example, here is a note title "14-1175 - Valley Contracting - Dickinson, IA-BO 102"

If I search for Valley, that note will not be in the results.  If I copy that and paste the text from the title into the note somewhere, it then is in the results.  

• Level 5*

I assure you that isn't the case for myself.  

For example, here is a note title "14-1175 - Valley Contracting - Dickinson, IA-BO 102"

If I search for Valley, that note will not be in the results.  If I copy that and paste the text from the title into the note somewhere, it then is in the results.

I just tested with that exact title and search string, and it worked fine for me. You should probably check to see whether you can find that note by a specific title search: intitle:Valley (this worked for me, as well). If that doesn't work, then something else is wrong.

Archived