Feature suggestion; Access recent notes easily.

Hi Evernote Team,

Feature Suggestion for you, it would help to make my life so much easier to be able to access my recent notes quickly and with as few mouse clicks or taps as possible. Love evernote by the way. I suggest a drop-down list of some sort beside the back button at least on the desktop version. This would allow me to quickly go back and forth between the notes I work on. I usually have to use a few during each work session.

Thanks, hope this suggestion is helpful, hope you can work on it as soon as possible. It would really help my productivity.

Help me understand what you did here 

andrewdb3

So, if I understand you correctly, you were originally asking for a drop-down option for accessing previous notes on the desktop version. Then you mentioned that you figured out how to achieve this by long-pressing on the forward/back buttons to get to this list. My questions are: 1) Were you asking how to accomplish this on the desktop version or mobile version 

2) Since you figured out on your own how to do this, would you please share in more details how you did it. I'm interested in something like this also, thanks in advance.

Also, long-pressing is usually on done on mobile devices, so I'm pretty sure that is what you are describing that you did.

Hi me again guys, just figured out that I can long press the forward or back buttons to get the recent list I was looking for so problem solved.

What client are you using? Windows? Mac?

Also, doesn't the "Recent Notes" section of the left-hand pane already fulfil your request? Screenshot (from the Mac client, but Windows has the same thing I believe):

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s25/sh/bbf083a9-065b-42d0-b51a-a8dacd28e2e8/3b0bae150aadd8d423569031e027afbb

It almost looked like he/she was using a desktop version(not particular sure Windows/Mac), however, when the user pointed out that "I can long press the forward or back buttons to get the recent list", I then was assuming that he/she was using a mobile device. Hopefully they chime in to clear this up. I'm hoping this is on mobile because I can use this type of functionality.

It almost looked like he/she was using a desktop version(not particular sure Windows/Mac), however, when the user pointed out that "I can long press the forward or back buttons to get the recent list", I then was assuming that he/she was using a mobile device. Hopefully they chime in to clear this up. I'm hoping this is on mobile because I can use this type of functionality.

If it is on mobile, it certainly is not on the iOS client. Just tried to invoke this on both iPhone and iPad and there is no way to do it. 

andrewdb3

So, if I understand you correctly, you were originally asking for a drop-down option for accessing previous notes on the desktop version. Then you mentioned that you figured out how to achieve this by long-pressing on the forward/back buttons to get to this list. My questions are: 1) Were you asking how to accomplish this on the desktop version or mobile version 

2) Since you figured out on your own how to do this, would you please share in more details how you did it. I'm interested in something like this also, thanks in advance.

Also, long-pressing is usually on done on mobile devices, so I'm pretty sure that is what you are describing that you did.

Hi Brian,

I'm able to able to long-press either the back or forward buttons to see my recent list using the Windows version, version # 5.3.1.3363, the latest as of this time.

On the android, I've seen no such option, so I get by using the search, which is quite powerful and quick so at the the moment I don't mind much.

Hi me again guys, just figured out that I can long press the forward or back buttons to get the recent list I was looking for so problem solved.

What client are you using? Windows? Mac?

Also, doesn't the "Recent Notes" section of the left-hand pane already fulfil your request? Screenshot (from the Mac client, but Windows has the same thing I believe):

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s25/sh/bbf083a9-065b-42d0-b51a-a8dacd28e2e8/3b0bae150aadd8d423569031e027afbb

Hi Scott,

I'm using the Windows version, for me the Windows version only shows a recent list of the notebooks used. The left hand does seem to list  the recent notes if I sort my notes by the "updated" option, just tried that. There is however not explicit "recent notes section", in the same left pane mine just says "reminders". 

If it is on mobile, it certainly is not on the iOS client. Just tried to invoke this on both iPhone and iPad and there is no way to do it. 

Hi Scott, 

The feature doesn't seem to be on the mobile platforms, I use an android device and it's not there either. I have to do a quick search. But that feature would be nice though, you could suggest it to the evernote team, i'm others need this feature as well.

andrewdb3

Hi Brian,

I'm able to able to long-press either the back or forward buttons to see my recent list using the Windows version, version # 5.3.1.3363, the latest as of this time.

On the android, I've seen no such option, so I get by using the search, which is quite powerful and quick so at the the moment I don't mind much.

Wow, I never noticed, cool and helpful feature! (Added a screenshot for everyone who's still confused, personal info edited out)

post-89079-0-76371000-1400329195_thumb.p

• Level 5*

The beauty of what you get on the Windows client (Mac, too, I think) is that you get access to recently *viewed* notes, not just recently updated notes. BTW, this functionality is modelled on that of web browsers. It'd be useful on mobile clients too, for sure.

andrewdb3

Hi Brian,

Wow, I never noticed, cool and helpful feature! (Added a screenshot for everyone who's still confused, personal info edited out)

Awesome, yep that's what it looks like :)

Archived