Web Clipper slows down Chrome

hheckner

Hi,

I use Evernote Web Clipper 6.1.3 along with 34.0.1847.131 m (under Win7).

When I use www.agreedo.com for writing my meeting minutes, the rendering slows down dramatically (especially for complex meeting minutes). AgreeDo.com uses GWT. When I switch off Web Clipper agreedo.com is lighning fast again for the same meeting minute.

Do you have any idea?

Best regards

Hannes

PS: Should I provide javascript profile?

Hi hheckner,

Can yo define complex meeting minutes. 

We've done a few tests on 'simple' minutes and cannot reproduce any significant slowing down at this point.

A JS console output from the Background HTML page for the Web Clipper would be very helpful.

Here's how to get that log:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s12/sh/53d88dd8-6c52-46f6-9c50-69900ffb8af2/ad8057a48a799ec31ad453c933a4ac57

Hi,

if you send me your email adress under which you registered at agreedo.com I can invite you to a test meeting minute with complex structure. Or you build your own one. Enter 50 or more items, use multiple comments on some, use multiple topics and buld multiple subtopics. I have meeting minutes which tkae > 16 seconds to render on my chrome. Without Evernote Clipper they take < 2 seconds.

Console Output
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.

console from background.html:

chrome.app.getManifest detected manifest version: 6.1.3 VersionDetect.js:1
Autorun

evernote_web_clipper_logs (1).txt

I am fairly confident the extension is slowing down Chrome to an unbearable degree on other sites as well. I have now disabled Evernote. As a premium user who depends on the web clipper, that painful. Can you look into this soon? 

Yes, I agree, web clipper slows all Chrome page rendering to an unbearable speed. I have had it disabled for a while now. Wish it was better. It must be a recent issue as I used to have it enabled all the time. Currently I enable the chrome extension on pages I want to clip. Perform a reload and then go ahead and clip.

• 2 years later...

I've been having a somewhat similar (?) issue as well for over a year and finally made the time to chat with support. What they told me might possibly help with your issue? They had me 1) Check my internet upload and download speed (Google: "speed test"), 2) Update to the newest version of Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en), 3) Empty my cache and cookies by going to History in the upper right corner of my browser, then relaunch Chrome. Worked like a charm. Hope this helps!

Archived