Suggestion: Bulleted list shortcut

Joseph Kelly

Idea

Gmail has a nifty shortcut for creating bulleted lists that I find myself using all the time: CMD+Shift+8.  You can use the same command but with 7 to create a numbered list, and other formatting options such as quotes by other numbers.

I find myself hitting CMD+Shift+8 nearly every day in Evernote as most notes I write have a bulleted list in there somewhere.  It'd be awesome if there could be some shortcut parity with this Gmail compose function.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Cmd-shift-u for bullets. I'm sure there one for numbered list but I'm on my iPad at the moment and cannot test (and have rarely used numbered lists so do not have it memorized unlike normal bullets!)

Cmd-shift-o for numbered lists.

• Level 5*

Gmail has a nifty shortcut for creating bulleted lists that I find myself using all the time: CMD+Shift+8.  You can use the same command but with 7 to create a numbered list, and other formatting options such as quotes by other numbers.

I find myself hitting CMD+Shift+8 nearly every day in Evernote as most notes I write have a bulleted list in there somewhere.  It'd be awesome if there could be some shortcut parity with this Gmail compose function.

I like the Evernote CMD+SHIFT+U for Unordered (bullet) list, and CMD+SHIFT+O for Ordered list (numbered), but you can change this in Mac System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts to be whatever you want.  Just Google "Mac keyboard shortcuts" for details.

Archived