Can't uninstall a hidden installation of Evernote

ChristopherKTom

A few days ago I had a version of Evernote installed, I don't know the version number I was having an issue that I reported to the support team and they asked me to uninstall Evernote. When I went to Add/Remove programs, I noticed that Evernote wasn't listed but I could always launch it. I went through the process of deleting the Evernote folder on my E drive and registry entries but the program is still "installed". I tried using IOBit Uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller but neither program can find Evernote. I've tried installing two different versions of Evernote, 4.6.1 and 5.3.1 but I always get the same message "Evernote was already installed by another user. Only one peer-user installation is supported. An administrator can install Evernote for everyone after the peer-user installation is removed."

A few days ago I had a version of Evernote installed. I was having an issue that I reported to the support team and they asked me to uninstall Evernote. When I went to Add/Remove programs, I noticed that Evernote wasn't listed but I could launch it. I went through the process of deleting the Evernote folder on my E drive and registry entries but the program is still "installed". I've tried installing two different versions of Evernote, 4.6.1 and 5.3.1 but I always get the same message "Evernote was already installed by another user. Only one peer-user

I would suggest you use the free version of Revo uninstaller. Add/remove programs is renowned for leaving bits behind.

I'm in the same boat as you Christopher. Working through a syncing issue with tags with tech support and they asked me to uninstall Evernote. It's not in the list of Programs and I can't find any Uninstall.exe type file for Evernote. Interesting dilemma. Will keep you posted.

Archived