Feature Request: New Note option with same tags

michael hamlett

if I am on the screen where I see my tags on the left column, my notes down the middle and the note detail on the right, id like to be able to hit CTRL N or click new note with the option to auto populate the tags in the new note with the same tags as the currently displayed note.

ctrl N starts a new note.  maybe ctrl shift N starts new note with same tags as currently displayed note.

thanks for a great product.

• Level 5*

Workaround: you can use the note copy function (click on a note in the note list, select Copy To Notebook..) to replicate the original note, including tags, and then delete the new note's content.

BTW, Ctrl+Shift+N creates a new notebook...

• Level 5*

if I am on the screen where I see my tags on the left column, my notes down the middle and the note detail on the right, id like to be able to hit CTRL N or click new note with the option to auto populate the tags in the new note with the same tags as the currently displayed note.

ctrl N starts a new note.  maybe ctrl shift N starts new note with same tags as currently displayed note.

thanks for a great product.

Great idea!   This is very similar to having true Note Templates, where when you press CTRL+ALT+N, you are presented with a list of Templates to create the new Note from.  The Template could be as simple as a set of Tags.

I would like this, too.

I was thinking of a slightly different approach for getting there, but the end result is the same.

FWIW, I was thinking of a function much like Format Painter in Word/Excel. Except it would be Taggeror something like that.

Basically you click the icon when you're on a note and it remembers the tags of that note.

Then when you either click on a single note and release the mouse or Ctrl+click on multiple individual notes,or SHIFT+click on first and last note, it will give same tags to all those notes.

Just need to make sure there's a way to Undo since mistakes will be made. 

It might be good to have both ways of doing this (mine and the one in the OP by Michael).

Michael's is great for creating a new tag.

Mine would be for tagging en masse after the fact.

These would make tagging SO much more useful.

Archived