Thumbnails not all showing up in headers

Hi All,

I have many, many notes, approx 20,000, having been using everntoe since about 2007. A lot of the notes are image based, including many screenclips taken from my pc, often without a note title. I find the thumbnail that is shown in the header in snippet view very useful on my nexus 4,. The problem I have is that not many of the thumnails are showing in the headers. They seem to load up as a I scroll past the snipetts slowly, but only when I'm online- suggesting the thumbnail is being downloaded as I scroll past it.  I thought the thumbnail was supposed to download when evernote is syncing, with the header.

Is there a way I can get it to download all the thumbnails for all the headers (all the note titles are currently there, just missing thumbnails). I've tried repeatedly pressing the sync button, and leaving it for ages, but it doesn't seem to do the job.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Not sure how snippets are handled - I know notes are only downloaded to Android when they're required,  though a current index is (obviously) downloaded so you can search.  It's also possible to specify a notebook for 'offline searching' which means all the notes do get downloaded - provided you have the storage space available.  Snippets are somewhere in between but do require a lot of storage for thumbnails - maybe the index is there,  but the pictures are downloaded as you scroll.  You could try submitting a support ticket for more technical guidance on this - but the only way may be to select your notebooks for 'offline searching' if you have enough storage.

Thanks for the reply. Yes it's a strange one. Even with the notebooks that I do keep offline on the phone (not many notes, around 100), it seems the thumbnail in the header still needs to load over a connection to the server. I may submit a support ticket as you suggest.

Archived