Embed substitution variable for metadata in note?

jamessun

Is it possible to embed a token or substitution variable (similar to a Field in Microsoft Word) in a note in the Evernote Windows client? I would like to print my notes and see the Last Updated date/time and/or Tags. In addition, when viewing notes, I would prefer that information to be visible in the content of the note, rather than needing to click the Info buttion.

Thanks!

James

Is it possible to embed a token or substitution variable (similar to a Field in Microsoft Word) in a note in the Evernote Windows client? I would like to print my notes and see the Last Updated date/time and/or Tags. In addition, when viewing notes, I would prefer that information to be visible in the content of the note, rather than needing to click the Info buttion.

Thanks!

James

AFAIK, embedding variables in the notes is not possible. I would think the meta data would print as part of the header info, when printing a note, though. I can't say for certain, since I rarely print any notes. I would suggest you try it to see. As far as having to click the info button, I'm sure there are a lot of users who like the current method, so they can see more of the note. One of those "different strokes for different folks" kind of things. Sure, it could be an option. But EN tends to avoid optional settings as much as possible. It may be because there would be a gazzillion settings they would need to add & maintain.

Archived