Completely disable syncing and delete email account traces?

When I play and setup Evernote I noticed that my email account is automatically retrrieved from Android system

and registered for syncing.

I don't want syncing. Evernote should be stand-alone on this single smartphone device.

Evernote seems to not care about users preferences and privacy.

I would have expected a popup prompt at first startup similar to:
"Should Evernote use syncing  and registering your account?"

How do I disable (forever) any kind of syncing with external servers?

How do I unregister and eliminate my email account (forever) from inside Evernote?

Peter

When I play and setup Evernote I noticed that my email account is automatically retrrieved from Android system

and registered for syncing.

I don't want syncing. Evernote should be stand-alone on this single smartphone device.

Evernote seems to not care about users preferences and privacy.

I would have expected a popup prompt at first startup similar to:

"Should Evernote use syncing and registering your account?"

How do I disable (forever) any kind of syncing with external servers?

How do I unregister and eliminate my email account (forever) from inside Evernote?

Peter

Okay, for anyone interested with the same issue I had, I ended up getting somnote from the Google play store. Has the same features that I wanted, organising in folders and being able to attach pics or do handwriting, and you can choose where the hell you want to store it, locally or synced to you Google fb or a somnote account. Ui isn't as green though and it's also annoying that I don't get the same level of self satisfied smugness knowing I'm part of a hip trend that I would have if I was using Evernote.

Evernote is a cloud app. They are very clear about this. That's what attracts many people to it. It is not part of some hidden agenda. I'm glad you found something that works for you. But you are like someone who buys a sportscar & then complains b/c there is no room for your kids & their dog & their sports equipment. That doesn't mean a sportscar is a bad thing, so lambasting the sportscar is just plain silly.. All it means is that a sportscar is not for you.

Good luck.

You can delete all notes, empty the trash & sync. This will remove your data from the cloud. You can set up a throw away email address & change the account email address to that. To completely delete your account, you will need to submit a support ticket.

Archived