PAGE IS FROZEN ON MY IPAD

This is an odd bug that seems to pop up from time to time and Evernote staff are aware of it but seem to be having a heck of a time reproducing, and thus, resolving it. 

One workaround to force EN out of a frozen browser is: From a separate application (your email, for example), instruct your iOS device to open a file... a PDF or an image for example (choose a reasonably small one so as to not eat up your quota), in Evernote. This will open Evernote and make a new note containing the file as an attachment. This should boot you out of the frozen browser. You can now delete the note you just created.

• 9 months later...

This has happened two times to me on my ipad. The first time Scott's workaround fixed it. The second time it wouldn't because  it would only let me "save" it in evernote and not open it.

I finally got my app unfrozen by deleted the note that was frozen (I first copied and pasted it elsewhere). Once unfrozen, I recreated the note. 

This has happened two times to me on my ipad. The first time Scott's workaround fixed it. The second time it wouldn't because  it would only let me "save" it in evernote and not open it.

I finally got my app unfrozen by deleted the note that was frozen (I first copied and pasted it elsewhere). Once unfrozen, I recreated the note. 

Glad my advice was helpful for at least one instance of this. 

However, as of a few versions ago (around their iOS 8 optimized version was released), Evernote has removed the browser from the application. Are you getting stuck in some other part of Evernote?

• 1 year later...

Archived