Sync Question

Henry Morgan

Hello,

I accidently deleted my notes on the Windows 7 desktop software. My notes are still on the android mobile version. How can I sync the devices so that I receive all data from the phone on the desktop software? I synced both but nothing changed.

Thank you in advance!

• Level 5*

I would NOT use the EN Win client (make sure it is NOT even running), and contact Evernote Support immediately (see link below).  They should be able to help you.

• Level 5*

Hello,

I accidently deleted my notes on the Windows 7 desktop software. My notes are still on the android mobile version. How can I sync the devices so that I receive all data from the phone on the desktop software? I synced both but nothing changed.

Thank you in advance!

First thing I'd do is check the Trash on my Windows client. If you deleted the notes, they should be there, unless you deleted them from the Trash. If they're in the Trash, then just Restore them -- it might help to sort them by Deleted Date first so that you identify the ones you deleted by mistake, vs. the ones that you deleted on purpose. You might at this time also want to disable sync of your Android device -- turn off your wireless access, and then in Settings go to Sync . Wireless network only, and enable that.

If that doesn't work, then you should check the web client, to see if the notes are still there on the servers. They may not be, but that might be of use when you contact Evernote Support, which should be your next step.

• Level 5*

The reason I suggested to NOT open up your windows client is because if you do so there is a chance that it might cause deleted notes to be sent to the Evernote servers.

The first thing you can do is open up the Evernote web client. If all of your notes show up in the Evernote Web Clock, that means they are still on the Evernote servers, in the Evernote cloud. If that is the case, then you could delete your windows Evernote app and reinstall. However if you delete the Evernote Windows app, it will also delete any local notebooks you have created and these would not be recovered.

But the very first thing I would do is submit a support ticket so you can get Evernote help as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived