Serious Sync Errors

ZZZ

I've seen tons of posts over the years about sync errors but never gave them much attention as I've (knock on wood) never had any major problems and when I did was able to see without exception what caused the conflict.  And when there were conflicts the "conflicting changes" notebooks usually did a pretty good job of catching them.

But today I experienced sync errors that should never happen.  Out of nowhere I notice on my desktop, the same desktop I worked on yesterday, that one of my notes I constantly add to has reverted to a title and contents from weeks earlier.  But it is impossible this could be due to any change on my part as the newer version of that note had already synced to all my machines/devices.  Nor is there anything under "conflicting changes".

So I go to the laptop I was working on last night.  I fire it up and sure enough, there is the note with the correct title and content.  I click on it and quickly copy it to another notebook fearing it's about to get modified.  And sure enough, as I'm sitting there watching EN wipes the note and it disappears and back is the one from weeks ago.

I'm a bit freaked out right now as to why EN would be overwriting current notes with content from weeks ago.

• Level 5*

Please post the version #'s for Evernote and Windows that you are using.

Due to the serious nature of this issue, I'd recommend that you submit a Support Ticket to Evernote (see below).

On Windows 4.6.7.8409

On Mac 5.5.1

I'm going to do a forum search as well but what I'm really after here is knowing whether anyone else has seen or experienced this type of thing or whether there is a set of conditions under which it occurs.

• Level 5*

What is the OS version for Windows and for Mac?  It makes a big difference.

I've been running EN Mac 5.5.1 on Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mt. Lion) for some time without any sync errors.  Sync sometimes seems a little slow, but no errors.

One thing to help avoid this issue, is to manually sync each device when you are going to leave it for a while.

I try to make a point to manually sync every time I open and always before I close.  Windows 7.  OSX Mavericks.  Sorry, should have included all of this in the original post.

Archived