Upload syncing limit reached but it's a brand new month!?!

Hello, thank you in advance for your help. Our account has reached its upload limit for the month of April. (We must have had a lot of fun things happening in our classroom to document! ) it's a new month now and I thought we would get a new limit but that hasn't happened, the sync is still not working, it still says we have reached our full limit.

Is there anything I can do to fix this other then buying the premium account which is not an option on a school device?

Nothing in the trash....if I remove files and download to my computer will this help??

Thanks!

Hello, thank you in advance for your help. Our account has reached its upload limit for the month of April. (We must have had a lot of fun things happening in our classroom to document! ) it's a new month now and I thought we would get a new limit but that hasn't happened, the sync is still not working, it still says we have reached our full limit.

Is there anything I can do to fix this other then buying the premium account which is not an option on a school device?

Nothing in the trash....if I remove files and download to my computer will this help??

Thanks!

Since the EN servers are where the upload is controlled, you must sync your desktop client so it knows there has been a refresh.

It may be that you added/modified enough notes that you already maxxed out your new monthly upload limit.  (Which is why you need to check via the web client.)

Thanks!

Just to add, your sync limit is not influenced by anything already in Evernote. As such, removing content already added to Evernote (and thus, already counted against your quota) will not restore any quota. 

This might be silly but how do i sync the web version?

it says that i still have 32kb of space but on my ipad it says i have used it all. also it states that i will refresh in 2 days. Maybe this will fix the problem and set me into a "new month"?

• Level 5*

You just bring up the web client in a browse; since it's directly connected to the Evernote servers, there's no syncing required.

32kb ain't gonna get you much more in the way of note content. You'll need to wait a couple of days.

Indeed the "month" is calculated based on your signup date, not the calendar month, so for example, my "month" switches over on the 28th of each month. So looks like you might be on the 9th of each month. 

Indeed, 32kb is as good as 0kbs. 

As Jefito says, when accessing Evernote using your web browser there is no syncing per se, since you are directly manipulating the information on Evernote's servers. 

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. My user account was created on a 7th, and yesterday the limit reset should have happend. But it didn't!

If I go online to Account, there is my full limit available. If I go on my local app, it says my limit is reached and I have no credit left. The bar is fully in the red. Since I'm using Fuji ScanSnap I need my local app.

Any hint?

Many thanks,

Dani

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. My user account was created on a 7th, and yesterday the limit reset should have happend. But it didn't!

If I go online to Account, there is my full limit available. If I go on my local app, it says my limit is reached and I have no credit left. The bar is fully in the red. Since I'm using Fuji ScanSnap I need my local app.

Any hint?

Many thanks,

Dani

Since the EN servers are where the upload is controlled, you must sync your desktop client so it knows there has been a refresh.

• 8 months later...

I am experiencing this problem. For the past 3 days, i have had 59.something MB and the days have counted down 3, 2, 1, then yesterday it was "less than 1 day". Today it was still showing the same after 0800 GMT (0000 PST), so I wondered if there was a glitch.

I logged in via the web and my account settings report 60.0 MB used with 27 days to go until reset.

Now when I look in the app (on the MacBook) it says the same.

Help!

I think it's a glitch in the software. You have to log on online, then you will find that you have enough data. Then synchronize and suddenly you have it also on your local software. At least that's how it worked with me. Let me know if it works also for you.

Good luck

I think it's a glitch in the software. You have to log on online, then you will find that you have enough data. Then synchronize and suddenly you have it also on your local software. At least that's how it worked with me. Let me know if it works also for you.

Good luck

When I logged in online, it upped my usage to 60.0 MB and that was it. :(

Relaunching left me with a maxed-out usage (instead of zeroed) with a reset next month some 3 days fewer than anticipated.

Just that we understand each other: You have to log-in on the evernote site, there you click on personal account and look up your free MBs. There you most probably see that the balance has zeroed. You click ok and go out again. Then you syncronize the software on your computer. Now you should see free 60 MB.

Just that we understand each other: You have to log-in on the evernote site, there you click on personal account and look up your free MBs. There you most probably see that the balance has zeroed. You click ok and go out again. Then you syncronize the software on your computer. Now you should see free 60 MB.

I fully understand. The (MacBook) app seemed to be hung on "less than 1 day" in its countdown to reset, so I logged in via the web (i.e. at evernote.com) and looked at my account details. There it said my usage was 60.0 MB and that the reset was 27 days away.

When I relaunched the app, it said the same - and still does. :(

Yeah, it was similar with me, when I started to use the software. I somehow still could upload scanned notes, which is my primary purpose of using Evernote (I just scan with Fuji Snapscan all my bills and letters and throuw the paper away).

Try to continue uploading notes, and tell me if it works or not. The warning might be a false one.

Dani

Yeah, it was similar with me, when I started to use the software. I somehow still could upload scanned notes, which is my primary purpose of using Evernote (I just scan with Fuji Snapscan all my bills and letters and throuw the paper away).

Try to continue uploading notes, and tell me if it works or not. The warning might be a false one.

Dani

Bless you.

I edited a note and then it suddenly decided to show the correct info, i.e. 30 bytes of 60 MB resetting in 27 days.

Thank you so much.

As you can imagine, I've been waiting for 3 days to finish off scanning some documents and editing some notes (e.g. details of telephone conversations - whom I spoke to (in a call centre), when, what was agreed, etc). I too use ScanSnap so I can be paperLESS (i.e. LESS than before!), and had reached my limit thanks to being for several weeks and returning home to a pile.

Recently, I needed to know when a particular product was ordered. I simply entered its name and voila! there was the invoice on the screen. When claiming my expenses, I needed details of calls to a particular number: just entered the number and up came all the bills with that number on it - paper just can't compete with that!

Great! It was exactly the same with me. When I started using Evernote, I had a huge pile of paper, I wanted to get through, scan them and upload them as soon as possible. Since Snapscan is so fast, it really delivers a lot of data. You will see, with time you will need less data per month, and the problem of the 60 MB barrier will ease. Bear in mind that Evernote also has to life from something and consider paying for data storage.

Also make sure that your scanned papers are in fonts mode, i.e. they are not stored as a picture. Just make sure that everything went through OCR. By this, you save great amounts of storage data. An average file OCR'ed is some 50 kB big, while a file stored as picture is some MBs big.

See you,

Dani

Yup, I'm scanning and OCR-ing prior to uploading - and ScanSnap is set to 150 dpi. I'm also NOT scanning the reverse of (e.g. credit card) bills, which have a HUGE amount of (the same) data on the reverse of every page. I've just scanned it once and will do so again every 6 months or so.

I have a lot of paper (e.g. college notes) that I couldn't bear to part with, and so going paperless was my answer, since I was paying to (physically) store it. Not only was this expensive, but also impractical, since I needed to go to the offsite and search there or bring back folders/boxes and search and copy at home, then return to offsite. I'll pay for a couple of months to increase the upload limit when I have the time to scan it, then catalogue as necessary later, just one notebook for one subject/year at the beginning.

Since having email, I've wanted ONE place to store everything, including my file copies of letters as well as notes and emails - and Evernote was the answer … although I didn't find it until quite some time later. Now when I have an ongoing conversation with someone, there's a Bcc going to evernote upload. And - at last - I can get rid of all of those instruction manuals and warranties! Downloaded PDFs are in a notebook and I have the drawer back for something useful.

As must be apparent, I'm loving Evernote and was so incredibly disappointed when it didn't work properly for a moment. It was almost as if someone had borrowed my car for 3 days and it turned into a month!

I couldn't agree more to what you are saying. Evernote is THE solution to all my needs. For me, it becomes so addicting, that one gets upset if you cannot upload 60 MB per month. I hope this thread will help a lot of other users in the same situation.

Cheers and have a great time,

Dani

• 7 months later...

This is a brand-new problem for me, and one I don't understand.

I try to never sync.  Ever.  I have used EN for a decade, keeping everything local (as I wish to) and backed up via timemachine.  I don't need to share my notes across platforms, just need a local repository for all the things I want to keep, which EN has always done well. 

So somehow, I seem to have synced part of a months' worth of notes to the webversion, and must have hit this darned limit.  I don't want to have anything stored in the cloud.

Can I delete all my notes on the web, and regain this "space," or will that remove the actual notes on my desktop version?  Or is EN only concerned with what goes thru their upload process (the 60MB) and not the actual storage space used on their servers?

At least now one can remove the sync button from the toolbar, which will make it easier to keep this from happening by mistake in the future.

Any help/advice/solutions very much appreciated. 

Can I delete all my notes on the web, and regain this "space," or will that remove the actual notes on my desktop version?  Or is EN only concerned with what goes thru their upload process (the 60MB) and not the actual storage space used on their servers?

No. It is not a space limit, it is an upload limit. You can store as much data as you want, but the rate at which you add it is capped. If you are a free user, it is 60mb per month. 

You will regain your 60mb when your month turns over (the date depends on when you created your account, it is not the first of the calendar month). Since you are presumably not uploading anything anyhow, hitting this limit should have no impact because all of the local functions of Evernote should work even if you reach your limit. For example you should have no problem adding to your local notebooks. These are unaffected by the upload limit since their contents aren't uploaded. 

Keep in mind that unless you use ONLY Local Notebooks in Evernote, all of your content is synced. It is also worth remembering that your default notebook (as defined in your Evernote preferences) is ALWAYS a synced notebook and this CANNOT be changed. 

You should ensure that you are truly not syncing. Not clicking the "synchronize" button doesn't mean you aren't syncing. 

• 1 year later...

Hi BurgersNFries,

Good day. I've also experience max 60Mb cap but it's been 3 months after the max usage.

Kindly  elaborate below steps on how to solve max 60 Mb but it's a brand new month. I've tried to log in at the Web Evernote but couldn't found the "Sync" button.

Appreciate your utmost support on this. Thank you so much.

"

"

I think there is no easy way to go through. You have to try and suddenly it works.

Just synch, upload, restart the software, and once it will work.

I think they try to make it hard for us, so you go pay for it.

Archived