Pasting image on selected text is not undoable

DanielHaaf

So I got a little issue which I need help with.

Here are the conditions:

- I use Evernote (latest version) on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

- I have an open note with all text selected

Then if I drag and image from a browser and try to place it somewhere in that note - all text gets removed and Evernote can't undo the imagepaste.

It doesn't matter how many times I use Ctrl+Z or the menualternative for this, my text is irreversably gone and replaced by the image.

Anyone else notising this issue?

• Level 5*

If you're going to drag and drop an image,  you need the cursor in a blank place on the note where the image is to be placed.  Selecting some or all text will replace the text with the image.  Not sure why it's not possible to reverse that step,  but it's certainly an incentive not to make that mistake too often..  worth a nod to the developers to see if they can fix it.

If you're going to drag and drop an image,  you need the cursor in a blank place on the note where the image is to be placed.  Selecting some or all text will replace the text with the image.  Not sure why it's not possible to reverse that step,  but it's certainly an incentive not to make that mistake too often..  worth a nod to the developers to see if they can fix it.

Yes, that I understand. It's the most used practice in applications today.

Still It should be possible to undo that particular action, so I will send a buggrequest to the developers.

OneNote got a very nice way to handle embedding of images and thats to split the text where the image is placed. Even if the whole text is selected it will not be replaced but instead automaticly deselected and splitt with all text preserved.

Perhaps something Evernote could learn from?

• Level 5*

It doesn't matter how many times I use Ctrl+Z or the menualternative for this, my text is irreversably gone and replaced by the image.

I just tried this. The first Ctrl+Z removed the image. The second Ctrl+Z restored the highlighted text. I tried this by just making a partial selection, and also with selecting all of the note content (which included a different image, plus web markup). Also tried restoring both before and after a sync operation. Everything worked as described: two Ctrl+Z undos restored the original content. This is version 5.4.0.3446 (a beta version). Possibly one undo would be better, but I don't know why it doesn't work at all for you.

Wait a second: this topic is tagged as "Windows 8" which is supposed to mean the Windows Metro client, not the normal Windows client. My testing was with the latter, not the Metro client. Tou're referencing both Win 7 and 8, but the Metro client doesn't run on Win 7, so just to check, please verify that it's the standard Windows client you're having a problem with.

• Level 5*

I can confirm the latest pre-release Ctrl-Z's back to the highlighted text - I was behind with my updates.  That's the desktop version,  not Touch.

Archived