Image Question - Potential Suggestion

Sometimes I like to add particular images that show up next to the title.  Usually it works.  However, I've noticed that if a note has any other kind of image in it, it doesn't pick up the one I want even if I've pasted it at the top of the note.  

There may be a way to do it and I just don't know it.  If there is, please someone, tell me how.  Otherwise, I'm submitting it here as a potential feature that others might like also to be considered in future Evernote versions.

post-126533-0-23422600-1399160409_thumb.

Evernote uses a rule that they call the "largest smallest dimension". See https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/18482-choosing-a-thumbnail/?p=92184 and ensuing discussion.

First, thanks for the info.  The question is somewhere in my Questions Notes.

Second — Ahoy, Evernotables! — at least change the internal name to "Largest _smaller_" dimension, which is _accurate_ and much easier to decode and use.  You are not using the largest smallest dimension.  You are using the largest item in the set of the smaller dimensions of all the HxW pairs in the Note.

Thanks for the response.  I know more now that I did before and to some extent it helps.  

I was hoping to either have an answer that was something I wanted to hear (my issue is solved and it doesn't prompt more questions or make me go and do something more time intensive than what I intended to do in the first place) or that an ability to choose (or place) a specific image so that it shows up beside the note is being seriously considered or is in the works.

In general, it's all good until I want to go and do something that doesn't select the image of the "largest smallest dimension" but instead puts the one image that I want where I want to see it -- as the thumbnail.

an ability to choose (or place) a specific image so that it [ … ] puts the one image that I want where I want to see it -- as the thumbnail.

+1.  There is no acceptable explanation for not allowing the user to override whatever auto-algorithm is in place in order to specify, "Create this Note's thumbnail from THIS image".

For some users this is a _security_ issue — it's not even an issue of productivity or convenience or aesthetics.

Archived