Delete Content of Tables without Deleting Tables?

ZZZ

The title says it all.  I've create a lot of notes that contain tables that I use for various brainstorming involving if/then scenarios etc.  They are like chalkboards I want to write on and then erase again and again.  Unfortunately if I highlight all the text in tables and attempt to "erase" it by selecting "delete" or "cut" it deletes all the tables too.  So I always have to recreate the tables.

I don't suppose there is any trick to deleting the text without deleting the tables themselves?

Thanks

• Level 5

My use of Evernote is slightly different. I seldom delete or erase any information. I keep it even if it just trivial information.

To "reuse" a table, I copy my empty Evernote template and start filling in the copy. The master template has an old created date, so it always at the end of my date-sorted notes.

You could do sometime similar. Just delete the note you no longer need and copy the blank master template.

Here is what my blank phone template looks like.

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/d535386a-9e54-4c82-8c66-04cb141eaf9e/7dc383b94856cb5049a3a94c7c67c98e

Well that brings up another question.  I wanted to just create a notebook titled "templates" and keep all of the templates with tables in there.  Use another notebook for brainstorming and copy templates to that notebook.  However the copy command is very laborious, I can't right click on a note and drag it to a new notebook and select "copy here" as I can with many Windows based programs.  Instead I have to right click on the note>copy>notebook>scroll through notebooks and select one.  First world problems I know!

Isn't there a faster way to copy a note to another notebook?

• Level 5

Yes.

In Windows, I right click on the master template and select "Copy to Notebook" (3rd from the bottom of the list).  I don't drag it. I always copy it to my Actions-Pending notebook until I finish the note (phone call).

By the way, to find the master template, I embedded a code that I can remember. If you look closely, you will see the code 7777p. I could use a tag, but I have been using the code and don't want to change. 7777 is my universal code, and 7777p is the code for my phone calls.

In Windows, I right click on the master template and select "Copy to Notebook" (3rd from the bottom of the list).

Yep sorry, that's what I was referring to and asking if there was a faster way to do.  Since only one notebook shows up by defauilt it requires 4 clicks to simply copy and paste.  Not a big deal but I'm a big fan of fast drag and drop or fast keyboard shortcuts.

• Level 5

In Windows, I right click on the master template and select "Copy to Notebook" (3rd from the bottom of the list).

Yep sorry, that's what I was referring to and asking if there was a faster way to do.  Since only one notebook shows up by defauilt it requires 4 clicks to simply copy and paste.  Not a big deal but I'm a big fan of fast drag and drop or fast keyboard shortcuts.

On my version of Evernote Windows, when I click on the Copy to Notebook, a tall narrow pop-up window opens up with the 3 most recent destination notebooks and scrollable list of all my notebooks in alphabetical order.

Version 5.4.0.3446 Prerelease

That's how it also works if I use Mac (but I rarely do).  On Windows I'm on the last version of 4.x, I wanted nothing to do with the visual abortion of 5.x, nor did I desire to be a beta tester for that bug infested release, maybe it's gotten better.  On 4.x it is:

Right Click

Copy Note

Select "Notebook"

Now a list of my stacks appear so I have to expand a stack

And now I finally select a notebook

I'll try the latest 5 release but I detested it last time I tried it.  Torture on my eyes and from reading complaints on the forum it doesn't sound like they have or will change it.  But, I definitely need to see where they've gone with it, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.  Maybe one of these centuries they'll start adding cool new features again so I won't mind the look :).

Archived