Contact list? Archives?

fredhammersmith

Hi.

I have two questions, that will probably lead to a feature request.

A. I am always surprised that I always have to type complete e-mail addresses when I share something from my Evernote desktop edition. Is it really impossible to access any of the contacts lists I use (GMail, Outlook, Memotoo?). In my iPhone edition, I can use my Contacts list.

B. Is there a way to "archive" notebooks? I know it has been asked before, maybe things fave changed. At the rate notebooks and notes are created, to be able to filter out dead projects (while keeping the possibility to go back to them) would be very helpful. If the corresponding tags could be removed as well, that would be great.

If there was another feature I would love, it would be to be able to access my scanner driver from Evernote. That would be great.

Otherwise, keep up the work, fantastic software. Cannot imagine working without it.

• Level 5*

re archiving: I don't know what previous solutions you came into contact with, but probably little has changed: you can export a notebook to .ENEX format, so that you have a backup, and then delete the notebook. You can always re-import the .ENEX file to get access to old projects. Alternative: create a new separate account for archival purposes, and import the saved .ENEX into that account. Having a separate account gives you some measure of security, as those notes would be backed up to the Evernote servers.

I don't know what you mean by "corresponding tags".

• Level 5*

Hi.

I have two questions, that will probably lead to a feature request.

A. I am always surprised that I always have to type complete e-mail addresses when I share something from my Evernote desktop edition. Is it really impossible to access any of the contacts lists I use (GMail, Outlook, Memotoo?). In my iPhone edition, I can use my Contacts list.

I agree, this would be most helpful, and many other apps do this.

B. Is there a way to "archive" notebooks? I know it has been asked before, maybe things fave changed. At the rate notebooks and notes are created, to be able to filter out dead projects (while keeping the possibility to go back to them) would be very helpful. If the corresponding tags could be removed as well, that would be great.

There is no "archive" feature per se, but you can effectively create one by using a single Tag, could be named... "Archive" 

Simply apply this tag to all notes you wish to be excluded, and then ADD the Search term "-tag:Archive" to your Search block.

The key is the minus sign in front of the "tag:" term.

Thank you. Another tasty tidbit to add to my personal "How To" notes! :)

There is no "archive" feature per se, but you can effectively create one by using a single Tag, could be named... "Archive"

Simply apply this tag to all notes you wish to be excluded, and then ADD the Search term "-tag:Archive" to your Search block.

The key is the minus sign in front of the "tag:" term.

Archived