Upload Limit Reached pop-up upon expiration of Premium month

tavor

• Level 5*

I was on Premium for a month. I chose not to renew. The day after my account went off Premium, in the Windows app, it shows my account as having used the entire monthly upload allowance of 60MB, with 29 days left in the cycle.

In the web app, it shows my account as having used 0MB of the 60MB allowance (this is correct - I haven't uploaded anything beyond sycing of a couple of new text notes).

I've synced the Windows app, to no avail. The Windows app constantly pops up an "Upload Limit Reached" window.

Any thoughts on how to resolve, or should I go ahead and submit a support ticket?

• Level 5*

You know the upload limit resets after a couple of '0 days left' messages - see whether you have the same problem in 24 hours;  meantime it can't hurt to raise that support ticket...

I was on Premium for a month. I chose not to renew. The day after my account went off Premium, in the Windows app, it shows my account as having used the entire monthly upload allowance of 60MB, with 29 days left in the cycle.

In the web app, it shows my account as having used 0MB of the 60MB allowance (this is correct - I haven't uploaded anything beyond sycing of a couple of new text notes).

I've synced the Windows app, to no avail. The Windows app constantly pops up an "Upload Limit Reached" window.

Any thoughts on how to resolve, or should I go ahead and submit a support ticket?

Did you empty the Evernote trash & then sync?  (Trash gets sync'd too...)

• Level 5*

Did you empty the Evernote trash & then sync?  (Trash gets sync'd too...)

Just tried that. No change.

In the WIndows client, use the list view.  Sort by the sync status.  What notes have not been sync'd?  (A dot will appear in the column.)  Since the web client, which is the source of all truths, shows the correct amount, then there may be note(s) in the Windows client that the Windows client thinks it needs to sync but that would max out your monthly upload.  If that doesn't help, then yes, as Gaz said, submit a support ticket as I can't think of anything else.

• Level 5*

In the WIndows client, use the list view.  Sort by the sync status.  What notes have not been sync'd?  (A dot will appear in the column.)  Since the web client, which is the source of all truths, shows the correct amount, then there may be note(s) in the Windows client that the Windows client thinks it needs to sync but that would max out your monthly upload.  If that doesn't help, then yes, as Gaz said, submit a support ticket as I can't think of anything else.

Very strange - 100 notes show the dot in the sync column. Going back as far as 2 months ago and as recent as 10 days ago.

Very strange - 100 notes show the dot in the sync column. Going back as far as 2 months ago and as recent as 10 days ago.

Ok, then I'm guessing the unsync'd notes exceed the 60 MB free account limit & that's what's going on.  You can move those unsync'd notes to a local (non-sync'd) notebook.  Then, prioritize the ones you want on the EN servers.  Gradually move them to sync'd notebooks & sync.  That will at least get some of the notes to the EN servers. 

• Level 5*

Ok, then I'm guessing the unsync'd notes exceed the 60 MB free account limit & that's what's going on.  You can move those unsync'd notes to a local (non-sync'd) notebook.  Then, prioritize the ones you want on the EN servers.  Gradually move them to sync'd notebooks & sync.  That will at least get some of the notes to the EN servers. 

I was on Premium for a month ended yesterday. Shouldn't they have all sync'ed during that time?

• Level 5*

I was on Premium for a month ended yesterday. Shouldn't they have all sync'ed during that time?

The Windows app now reflects the current upload usage and agrees with EN web, so the "upload limit reached" pop-ups have gone away.

Still showing many unsynced notes despite having synced my account many times.

I submitted a ticket on this issue:

1. Why didn't all these notes sync while I had premium?

2. Now that I'm off premium and have a fresh 60MB of upload capacity, why aren't these notes syncing?

• Level 5*

Sync seems to get fussy occasionally - try exporting the notes to ENEX (one notebook at a time) and then re-import them.  You can choose to allocate them to a local notebook on the way back if there's more than (say) 30MB so you keep some upload headroom for this month.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

The Windows app now reflects the current upload usage and agrees with EN web, so the "upload limit reached" pop-ups have gone away.

2. Now that I'm off premium and have a fresh 60MB of upload capacity, why aren't these notes syncing?

Following up on this, EN Support acknowledged there is a sync-related bug and that it was being addressed.

The latest version of EN Windows (5.4.0xxx) has the fix. Installed and all my notes are now synced. 

Following up on this, EN Support acknowledged there is a sync-related bug and that it was being addressed.

The latest version of EN Windows (5.4.0xxx) has the fix. Installed and all my notes are now synced. 

Glad to hear!

Archived