Export Notes in Editable Format?

Just as the title says, I'd like to export my notes into an editable format. I've tried exporting my notes into html, and then tried converting from html into various other formats, but no luck so far. I have .pdf/.png/other files I'm probably forgetting about attached to some of my notes, so that's something to take into consideration. Thanks in advance!

Just as the title says, I'd like to export my notes into an editable format. I've tried exporting my notes into html, and then tried converting from html into various other formats, but no luck so far. I have .pdf/.png/other files I'm probably forgetting about attached to some of my notes, so that's something to take into consideration. Thanks in advance!

I'm not really sure what you're looking for here.  HTML is easily edited & is the most generic way to export notes that may contain a variety of file types.  If your notes contain PDF files, the export to html will export those PDFs & you can edit them, assuming you have an app on your computer that can modify PDFs.

I'm not really sure what you're looking for here.  HTML is easily edited & is the most generic way to export notes that may contain a variety of file types.  If your notes contain PDF files, the export to html will export those PDFs & you can edit them, assuming you have an app on your computer that can modify PDFs.

Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't editing html require coding knowledge? If not, then I apologize for making this thread.

Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't editing html require coding knowledge? If not, then I apologize for making this thread.

HTML is very easily edited either b/c you know the code or with a WYSIWYG editor. IE, if you want to edit a Word document, you can use an editor that will edit a word document.  That doesn't mean a Word document is not easily edited.

HTML is very easily edited either b/c you know the code or with a WYSIWYG editor. IE, if you want to edit a Word document, you can use an editor that will edit a word document.  That doesn't mean a Word document is not easily edited.

I've spent 30 minutes looking at various html editors and all their features, and so far I've only found one which allowed me to upload and edit my html file; unfortunately, what I saw didn't look very easily editable at all. Could you point me in the direction of a good editor? Also, thanks for your help so far.

I've spent 30 minutes looking at various html editors and all their features, and so far I've only found one which allowed me to upload and edit my html file; unfortunately, what I saw didn't look very easily editable at all. Could you point me in the direction of a good editor? Also, thanks for your help so far.

I'm not up to speed on the current WYSIWYG HTML editors. The ones I've used in the past (Page Mill, Front Page & Dreamweaver) are all discontinued. But I still use Dreamweaver, whenever I end to edit HTML.

You shouldn't need to upload anything. Once you export to HTML from EN & save it to your hard drive, the HTML editor should allow you to open any HTML file. You might try searching Lifehacker or CNet for an editor. And sometimes the comments to the articles mention other options too. Good luck.

I'm not up to speed on the current WYSIWYG HTML editors. The ones I've used in the past (Page Mill, Front Page & Dreamweaver) are all discontinued. But I still use Dreamweaver, whenever I end to edit HTML.

You shouldn't need to upload anything. Once you export to HTML from EN & save it to your hard drive, the HTML editor should allow you to open any HTML file. You might try searching Lifehacker or CNet for an editor. And sometimes the comments to the articles mention other options too. Good luck.

For anyone that might find this thread in the future, I found an article on lifehacker which recommended an html editor called kompozer. I checked it out, and it looks like a very good program. That being said it's too clunky and is not a good fit for what I want to do.

The reason for this whole thread is that I realized evernote isn't necessary for me anymore since windows already provides the functionality needed for my note system (it's more or less the same system grumpymonkey uses); I decided I'd do this within windows since I could include every file on my computer in this system (music, video, wallpapers, study materials, notes, bookmarks and what have you) and was hoping to export all of my notes into something like .rtf or .doc.

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll need to manually copy/paste the text and links from all 600 notes into whichever word editor I decide upon, and then redo the formatting.

Anywho, thanks for all the help, it was much appreciated.

• Level 5*

For anyone that might find this thread in the future, I found an article on lifehacker which recommended an html editor called kompozer. I checked it out, and it looks like a very good program. That being said it's too clunky and is not a good fit for what I want to do.

The reason for this whole thread is that I realized evernote isn't necessary for me anymore since windows already provides the functionality needed for my note system (it's more or less the same system grumpymonkey uses); I decided I'd do this within windows since I could include every file on my computer in this system (music, video, wallpapers, study materials, notes, bookmarks and what have you) and was hoping to export all of my notes into something like .rtf or .doc.

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll need to manually copy/paste the text and links from all 600 notes into whichever word editor I decide upon, and then redo the formatting.

Anywho, thanks for all the help, it was much appreciated.

MS Word can read HTML, as far as I know. You should at least try that.

Archived