Business Card Scanner - Database Download

Hi All.

Before I commit to upgrading to premium, can someone please tell me (as I cannot find it anywhere) if, once I have scanned the hundreds of business cards I have, I will be able to download that database to load into my CRM?

Many Thanks

Olly Urquhart

As a free user you can scan a limited number of business cards. You should consider giving this a try to see if it jives with your CRM. 

Here's a screenshot of what a note with a scanned business card looks like

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s25/sh/c57537e5-2b8f-49ad-924e-688185849504/c8b7bbfbaaae18f29a6a6902ad1b1283

(recycled screen capture, ignore the arrow!)

I don't know if this is easily translated into a CRM unless the CRM explicitly uses the Evernote API to do so. 

One thing you can do is have scanned business cards sent into your Contacts application. I know Contacts for Mac allows you to export as a .csv which will likely be a satisfying input to a CRM application. 

Just make sure you send them to your contacts program at the time of scanning otherwise you will be stuck manually sending them to contacts one at a time!

You can export multiple to your Contacts.app by selecting the desired cards then from the menu bar Note>Share>send to contacts

But I suggest taking advantage of your free quota of a few business card scans using your mobile device to test it out. 

OR 

Purchase one month of premium at $5 (cancelling your recurring subscription right away) so you can test drive premium for a month. At $5, just skip one of your morning latte next week and your accountant won't know the difference. 

• 4 weeks later...

You can NOT currently export a simple csv with all the relevant info from your business cards to upload to CRM or google contacts. This is what is preventing me from upgrading to premium too. I don't know why they're being so annoying about this.

You can NOT currently export a simple csv with all the relevant info from your business cards to upload to CRM or google contacts. This is what is preventing me from upgrading to premium too. I don't know why they're being so annoying about this.

I don't know if they are being annoying, but I can understand why not having this feature would be annoying. 

One option would be to send the contacts to something like Apple's Contacts.app and export them from there where you have more options. Not a solution, but it is a workaround. 

Archived