Search tips needed

I have several saved searches, some of which I've added to my favourites list (shortcuts).

Is there a way that I can add on-the-fly to an existing search? I'm looking for some kind of "search within this context" and I don't seem to find anything on the search bar. I don't want to change the original search because I'm just looking for something special today and tomorrow it will be a different special.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have several saved searches, some of which I've added to my favourites list (shortcuts).

Is there a way that I can add on-the-fly to an existing search? I'm looking for some kind of "search within this context" and I don't seem to find anything on the search bar. I don't want to change the original search because I'm just looking for something special today and tomorrow it will be a different special.

Thanks in advance for any help.

What client? In the Windows client:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/43730-search-within-notebook/

Burgers, did you send me the right link? I'm looking for a way to on-the-fly search within a predefined search. The predefined search already pays attention to stacks, notebooks, tags, etc. and I don't want to have to type it all in again.

Burgers, did you send me the right link? I'm looking for a way to on-the-fly search within a predefined search. The predefined search already pays attention to stacks, notebooks, tags, etc. and I don't want to have to type it all in again.

I know.  From the thread I linked to...

I am still not up to date on the current search nuances. I believe that if you click on the magnifying glass icon in the search control, and select "Current Context", your notebook/stack choices will remain active, and you can then enter other search terms, including literal text. At least that works for me.

I know that you can also select a notebook, and then Ctrl+Click in the tag tree to add tags to your search

Does this not work for you?

Thanks, Burgers, for your help. As it so happens I clicked on the magnifying glass in the search window and there was "Current Context" — a wonderful sight to behold!

Thanks for your ceaseless efforts on my behalf. :)

Archived