Evernote Reminders: Why does it keep deleting my notes?

Boris895

Idea

I've been using Evernote for about two days now. I had my own organization system already using Airmail, Wunderlist, Mac Calendar, and an elaborate folder system, but Evernote seemed like a cool way to streamline everything. I've been trying to transition away from Wunderlist and instead use Notes with checklists and reminders. 

I've been creating a homework checklist with a reminder to alert me when I want to work on that project, but what's been happening is I get the reminder, a 1 appears next to the little satellite dish on the upper left hand corner, I click on the satellite dish and see a list of my reminders, and when I click on each one a little message pops up that says "This note has been deleted."

Why is that happening and why is it useful? Is it deleting the note that has a reminder attached to it as soon as I acknowledge that I see it? Or is the satellite dish perking up because it already deleted something and it's just letting me know? I can't even see what note it's deleting, because it didn't give me a chance to look at what I was being reminded of.

Can anyone explain what's going on?

Thanks

3 replies to this idea

I've been using Evernote for about two days now. I had my own organization system already using Airmail, Wunderlist, Mac Calendar, and an elaborate folder system, but Evernote seemed like a cool way to streamline everything. I've been trying to transition away from Wunderlist and instead use Notes with checklists and reminders. 

I've been creating a homework checklist with a reminder to alert me when I want to work on that project, but what's been happening is I get the reminder, a 1 appears next to the little satellite dish on the upper left hand corner, I click on the satellite dish and see a list of my reminders, and when I click on each one a little message pops up that says "This note has been deleted."

Why is that happening and why is it useful? Is it deleting the note that has a reminder attached to it as soon as I acknowledge that I see it? Or is the satellite dish perking up because it already deleted something and it's just letting me know? I can't even see what note it's deleting, because it didn't give me a chance to look at what I was being reminded of.

Can anyone explain what's going on?

Thanks

I don't know what happening, but Evernote does not delete any notes automatically or even randomly. I'm not Mac, but it sounds like when you're clicking on the reminder, that you're clicking on an icon to delete the note, not to simply dismiss the reminder. Also, deleted notes go into the EN trash, so you can recover them there.

Another Mac user.  My guess is that the Note has been deleted between the time you set the alarm, and the time you see the Note listed when you click on the Notifications icon.  IOW, I think your speculation that you are somehow deleting the Note by getting and reading the notification is incorrect.

Can you tell us more about you workflow with you homework reminder Notes?  I was shocked when I first started using Evernote to discover that {Delete} deleted Notes.  In many Mac programs that include text editors, a modifier key is added to {Delete} when it is used to move items to the trash and not just to remove the character behind the insertion point.  In Evernote I found it very easy to delete Notes by mistake by pressing {Delete} when the focus was on the Note List and not on the Note.

Archived