(Archived) Problems with mobile web interface on phone

There seems to be a serious problem with the mobile web interface for "standard" browsers on phones.

I am using a Palm Centro with the built in Blazer browser. I know its not the latest and greatest, but it has worked quite well to access notes in Evernote until recently.

I go to http://www.evernote.com/m and am presented a log in screen (different in appearance than what was there earlier this week). I log in and then am presented with a screen that has a search box at the top and a list of Recent Notes. If I select a note or do a search for a note, I am then taken to a screen with a green menu bar across the top, menu headings of Notes and Menu and another search box. I never see a list of notes or the specified note again and it seems like the page is trying to continue to load as there is an animated icon just below the search box that keeps spinning.

I hope we can get the basic web interface back and that Evernote's mobile capabilities are not going to be limited to the high end smart phones such as the iPhone or Android. If that is the case, Evernote's functionality has been cut by more than half for me.

The mobile interface is trying to detect whether your browser can support a more advanced "Javascript" web UI, or whether you can only support the most basic old style web interface. It seems to think that your device can handle the more advanced Javascript view. It sounds like your browser might not be able to handle this.

Can you check the version of the OS and Blazer browser on your device?

The mobile interface is trying to detect whether your browser can support a more advanced "Javascript" web UI, or whether you can only support the most basic old style web interface. It seems to think that your device can handle the more advanced Javascript view. It sounds like your browser might not be able to handle this.

Can you check the version of the OS and Blazer browser on your device?

Palm OS 5.4.9

Blazer web browser 4.5.8

Java script is enabled.

Is there a URL to get to the old style web interface directly?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem with my Centro. Sometimes I can see my notes and edit them and even add a new note, other times it suddenly changes the site to the new look.

There must be a simple way to fix this so that the millions of people who don't have an advanced browser can use Evernote mobile. I really love Evernote, but if this isn't fixed soon, I won't be able to use it anymore.

The older site address worked fine until I clicked on "new quick note" and then it sent me to the new one. Sometimes it would keep me on the old site, other times the new one. I clicked to view a note, it went to the old view. Then I went back and clicked on the same note and it took me to the new site, which will not fully load.

Help.

I have the same problem as described above using a Nokia N82.

UserAgent.org:

Your User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 Nokia N82/31.0.016;Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML,Like Gecko) Safari/431

/Thomas

Have the same problem too :(

Device:SHARP/WS011SH(japanese PDA)

Browser:Opera mobile 8.65

UserAgent:Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; SHARP/S01SH; PPC; 800x480) Opera 8.65 [ja]

plz help...

Could you please go to this page from your device and tell us what it reports for your browser's "User Agent"?

http://www.useragent.org/

My PalmCentro gave the following response to this web site:

PalmCentro/v0001 Mozilla/4.0 (compatable MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D061; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0

FWIW, I tried using the link to the old basic mobile web UI and as able to pull up one of the listed notes and to do a search to find another note. However, when I selected that note from the search results list, it took me back to the new site. Similar to the problem that dandrade had.

Thanks for the work on this.

Thanks for providing this information. We were a bit too optimistic about the Javascript support in some of these mobile browsers. We'll revert the behavior for these devices back to the basic view in the next service update.

Archived