Changing search parameters shouldn't change filter

hanseric

When using search parameters to find notes, it would be nice if changing those parameters didn't alter other things like the filter.

Looking for notes sometimes requires dialing in the right search along with the right filter (if that's what you call that feature, not sure--see screenshot).

Often the correct results requires refining either the search or the filter. To change one of those (filter or search), you shouldn't have to re-adjust the other.

This screenshot will hopefully illustrate what I mean.

post-136359-0-75003400-1398187765_thumb.

When using search parameters to find notes, it would be nice if changing those parameters didn't alter other things like the filter.

Looking for notes sometimes requires dialing in the right search along with the right filter (if that's what you call that feature, not sure--see screenshot).

Often the correct results requires refining either the search or the filter. To change one of those (filter or search), you shouldn't have to re-adjust the other.

Click on the magnifying glass in the search control at the upper right-hand side of the toolbar, and select "Search Current Context".

Click on the magnifying glass in the search control at the upper right-hand side of the toolbar, and select "Search Current Context".

Ah! Thanks!

So many features. Still learning.

Archived