Evernote widget for Windows 7?

Hi there! I'm looking for a way to do this - 

Write a note on my Android phone, and have that note appear as a note directly on my computer's desktop. If it could be sorted by category, that would be great too.

Is there a way for Evernote to do this? Does there exist a desktop widget for this, for instance? I haven't been able to find any. I found this thread in my search;

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/24154-widget-gadget-for-desktop/

... but none of those options, as far as I can tell, will allow me to write a note from my phone and have that syncronized directly to my Windows desktop.

Any ideas on how to achieve this? :)

I'm afraid not. It's not the way syncing works. You have to first sync your andoid client (phone) to the Evernote cloud servers, then, when you are next on your computer, open Evernote and sync your Windows client to the servers. Then pull up the note you created on your phone. A few points you should keep in mind:

● Cloud storage in general - not just Evernote - is not the same idea as putting a file on disc the you can immediately access on a compatible machine that can read said disc.

● Depending on a few factors, there could be some lag time after you sync your pc, before you can pull up the note you created on your phone.

● There is no solid guarentee that your note will appear exactly as you formatted it on your phone, when you pull it up on Windows. The data will all be there, but the formatting may be a bit wonky. That's why the more experienced users like Grumpy Monkey advise us to use plain text, especially when working on a mobile device that is not our regular computer.

Hope this helps! If you need further advice, please do say so and one of the advanced users will surely pop into this thread to assist you. :)

Hi there! I'm looking for a way to do this -

Write a note on my Android phone, and have that note appear as a note directly on my computer's desktop. If it could be sorted by category, that would be great too.

Is there a way for Evernote to do this? Does there exist a desktop widget for this, for instance? I haven't been able to find any. I found this thread in my search;

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/24154-widget-gadget-for-desktop/

... but none of those options, as far as I can tell, will allow me to write a note from my phone and have that syncronized directly to my Windows desktop.

Any ideas on how to achieve this? :)

Archived