Why can't I print from Evernote from my Galaxy s5

Chris aDams

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

It may be that print options were dropped (if they were - don't remember!) because not many phone are connected to printers and more options are available in the desktop application.  Is the 'share' option any good to you?

Share isn't an option as there is no print option on the share menu. While some might not use this option, the expanded availability of air printers makes this feature very useful. I used it quite frequently with both my iPhone and iPad. Very disappointed that it has been omitted from the Android version.

• Level 5*

My thought was that is Share were available you might be able to do so with another app from which you can print.  Not ideal,  but at least a workaround. It's fair enough to make this a feature request if the function has never been available...

Chris aDams, I believe that gazumped is on to something to get this working for you. I currently have an android phone and in order to print from my phone, I select the "Share" option from within Evernote and because I have setup Google's cloud print feature on my google account, this is one of my options that come up. Once I select the cloud print app(which you also would need to install), I have all of my printers listed that I can print from. You might want to give this a try if it makes sense. Hope this helps.

Google's Cloud Print does show on my phone. I think that it must be set up through a Google account. 

Also, there is a printer app that has worked flawlessly for me. The free version of Printer Share is at:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dynamixsoftware.printershare&hl=en

The key for the paid version is pricey at $12.95 (US) but it's been worthwhile for me. It is not needed as the free version may serve the needs of the OP.

Archived