Adding Information to Business Cards Scanned with iPhone

Hi,

I have tried the business card scanner and like it very much. One thing I have not been able to figure out though is how to add a field and the information for that field (like website) if the scanner didn't recognize that info on the card.

Thanks,

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone provide assistance here? I have the same issue, a business card was scanned, but the address was not included as a field on the contact information. I need to edit the scanned info and add the address. 

Thanks in advance!

Ed

Hi Ed.

You can edit the contact info once you have scanned the card.  1. View the note with the contact info.  In the top right corner is an 'Edit' button (screenshot1), tap that.  2. You will then have the option to correct existing fields or add a few more (screenshot2) – looks like website is not an option yet but it could go under notes.  

Screenshots

7db17234-3090-4141-a161-2dfd47b02d1b.jpg         f838d8b9-beb0-43ae-8f94-8b88867e2fbf.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Ed.

You can edit the contact info once you have scanned the card.  1. View the note with the contact info.  In the top right corner is an 'Edit' button (screenshot1), tap that.  2. You will then have the option to correct existing fields or add a few more (screenshot2) – looks like website is not an option yet but it could go under notes.  

Thanks for the tip, Dan---I wouldn't have found that either.

Wish we had the option to edit fields on the desktop version; that's typically where I need the most latitude. 

Hi Ed.

Thanks for the tip, Dan---I wouldn't have found that either.

Wish we had the option to edit fields on the desktop version; that's typically where I need the most latitude. 

In the latest 5.6 public beta for mac, you can edit fields though it doesn't look like you can add a field. 

• 3 months later...

Dan posted 2 links to address adding fields to contact notes once business cards were scanned. The links only apply to the IOS client. How can I add fields using either the MAC client or the Windows client?

Dan posted 2 links to address adding fields to contact notes once business cards were scanned. The links only apply to the IOS client. How can I add fields using either the MAC client or the Windows client?

For one:

In the latest 5.6 public beta for mac, you can edit fields though it doesn't look like you can add a field. 

Agreed Scott, I get that option to edit fields.  Also the "Notes" field is always visible whether or not there is anything in the field.

It also seems that some other fields are always available even if they don't have anything from the business card itself.  For example, "Title" is visible in a scan that didn't have that entry.  I suspect that "email" and "phone" are too, but I haven't tested them.

Archived