(Archived) Feature request: Word Count?

There doesn't seem to be a way to get the word count on notes (I'm using the Mac client, so I don't know how it is for the others). This feature would be incredibly useful for those of us who write within specified word limits. Right now, I have to copy and paste the text to another application that can count words, which seems like one step too many.

(If there is a word count feature, and I completely missed it, please let me know...)

• 3 weeks later...

One of the functions I use Evernote for is to write articles. It would be quite useful if you could have a "word count" feature on Evernote. That way I don't have to copy and paste my note out of Evernote to see how many words I have. It doesn't have to be too complicated....just a standard word count funtion would be great.

Thanks for a great product!

• 4 months later...

(Not to dredge up a few months old topic, but) I would also like to request this feature.

I use Evernote (like I'm sure many others do) to keep track of the articles that I want to read. This gives me access to them on any computer and also on my Android-powered phone. When I'm standing in line at WalMart, I like to get some reading done, rather than just existing.

What I would love to see is a simple metric for word count, and the ability to create a saved search based on that metric. Say I have 5 minutes to wait in line at WalMart, if I could sort my "To Read" notebook by word count, I could easily fit in a short article or two before I get up to the cashier, rather than just poking in the dark trying to remember which article is short.

• 3 months later...

Archived