Deleting an attachment from a note

When I right-click on a file attachment in a note I get several options eg: Cut, Copy, Paste, Open etc. However there's no Delete option :(

Why?

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Oded.

When I right-click on a file attachment in a note I get several options eg: Cut, Copy, Paste, Open etc. However there's no Delete option :(

Why?

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Oded.

What client??? You should be able to use traditional methods of positioning cursor right before the attachment & clicking delete key or right after & clicking backspace key.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

If you want the file in each note, you have to add it to each note.  And adding it to each note will cause it to upload to the server, assuming a synched notebook.

Workaround, you can create a link to the one note in the many notes.  But that won't work if you intend to modify the one note by the context of each of the many notes.  FWIW.

• Level 5*

Dear All: Is it possible to attach one file with many notes, without uploading the same file again and again with each note?

You can't do this directly, but one work-around is use a link to a file on your hard drive.

You can put the link in as many Notes as you want, and all will refer to the same file.

You do this by creating a hyperlink in Evernote just like you do for a web page (select text, CTRL-K or CMD-K), but use the format of "file:///<FullPathToFile>" as the URL.

For example:  file:///C:/MyDocuments/MyFile.pdf

Of course, you could put the file in DropBox, and just use the normal web link.

Archived