Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
RobLewis

safari Web Clipper should allow filling in the "author" field

It's odd that the web clipper allows selecting a notebook and entering tags and comments, and automatically records the URL, but ignores the "author" field. A strange omission, considering that Evernote is often used for clipping articles. 

Even better, why can't the clipper attempt to discover and enter the author all by itself? It could take its best guess and then let the user correct it if necessary. 

(This pertains to Safari but I suspect clippers for the other browsers have the same omission.) 

• Like 1

Agreed, i also have same problem in google chrome, expect evernote team will deal with this problem soon.

OK, it's been a year with no action. In fact I forgot I'd posted this and just put up another feature request to have the web clipper be smarter about guessing the author's name and filling in the field.