List all of my shared notebook

penguinperk

Unfortunately there is no way to search for notebooks.

The only thing I can think of would be to do a visual examination. Any shared notebooks (publically, or with specific users) will have a special little icon on it. Note, I am on Mac and you have tagged this as a Windows post, but there should be a little visual indicator. This is certainly a little cumbersome if you have lots and lots of notebooks....

post-130813-0-22093700-1397491162_thumb.

Gaz, good thought, but I think the OP is looking to find publicly shared notebooks, not specific notes. 

Unfortunately even the sharedate:*  syntax will only bring up publicly shared NOTES. Notes in a publicly shared notebook will not show up, so you can't even use that syntax as a proxy for detecting public notebooks (e.g., my original thought was to do the sharedate:* to bring up all notes in public notebooks and just take note of the notebooks they belong to, but this doesn't work). 

• Level 5*

Gaz, good thought, but I think the OP is looking to find publicly shared notebooks, not specific notes. 

Unfortunately even the sharedate:*  syntax will only bring up publicly shared NOTES. Notes in a publicly shared notebook will not show up, so you can't even use that syntax as a proxy for detecting public notebooks (e.g., my original thought was to do the sharedate:* to bring up all notes in public notebooks and just take note of the notebooks they belong to, but this doesn't work). 

Hmmn..  you're right, of course - I assumed (with the usual results) that using that query would show all the notes in shared notebooks as well as those shared individually.

Since you can't tell (in Windows) whether a notebook is shared visually (there's no icon),  and the properties window doesn't tell you directly (there's a further link to sharing),  it's kind've a pretty well-kept secret - especially if you have several notebooks.  Room for improvement here I think - where's a Dev when you need one....

B)

Actually, come to think of it, the persistent "shared" icon must be a recent addition to the Mac version. I remember posting a couple months ago complaining that it was difficult to visually differentiate. Maybe a similar change will appear on Windows shortly....

I don't believe that there is a way to specifically search for shared notebooks. 

I think the best option would be to click on "Notebooks" in the Left Panel. This will show you all of your notebooks, but also show you who owns them if they are shared/linked.

Let me step back,

I am in a notebook, that I have confirmed that is not being shared and I am concerned because it appears to be shared out....(Attached file)?

I assumed that I inadvertently shared something out which I should not have, awhile back...

What I am looking to to do is audit/vailidate what is actaully being shared out...

I also tried the "sharedate:*" option and it does not provide any items. I have shared out a couple of notebooks to individuals and I have created a public link for testing and again neither are showing up...

For testing I have went to :

1. Notebook properties
  2. Clicked on Sharing and Collabration Options
  3. Copied the Public link URL
  4. Clicked on: Delete Public link
  5. Tried opening the public link in a browswer - Did not work as expected.
  6. Click on Share with Individuals - Not Shared to anyone.

it still appears to be shared out... (Attached file)?

What am I missing?

post-119613-0-38375100-1397497667_thumb.

• Level 5*

Let me step back,

I am in a notebook, that I have confirmed that is not being shared and I am concerned because it appears to be shared out....(Attached file)?

The screen cap has an image of a menu with an item that says "Stop Sharing". That item is grayed out, and that means that the notebooks is not shared. Ditto for the item that says "Sharing Properties...". Is that what you're after?

additionally, I think that little triangle of dots is blue on any note that is publicly shared. It doesn't appear to be blue in your screencap, though you are also clicking it at the time of capture which may change the actual highlighting. 

Thanks for the Clarification.

Let me step back,

The screen cap has an image of a menu with an item that says "Stop Sharing". That item is grayed out, and that means that the notebooks is not shared. Ditto for the item that says "Sharing Properties...". Is that what you're after?

Thanks for the clarification, I understand what you are saying but as an end user I read it as (even though it is grayed out) it was being shared out becuase it says "Stop Sharing"....

Archived