Calling Lotus Notes Users forwarding attachments to Evernote

GeorgeP

Hi,

When I forward emails containing attachmetns, such as PDF, PPT, XLS, DOC etc from my Lotus Notes client to evernote, the attachments are either not recognised and not indexed. So If a lotus nots email containing  a ppt doc as an example has contents of the phrase "This is a power point attachment forwarded from Lotus Notes" and that email is forwarded to evernote with the attachment, the properties of that note in evernote will show "no attachment" or no attachments to index. IF I search for the ppt contents, the note is not returned.

Is anyone seeing this behaviour? 

Latest version of Evernote and any version of Lotus Notes Client. I can reproduce this problem easily

thanks

• Level 5*

It's presumably something to do with the encoding that Lotus applies to the email - you'd need to submit a support ticket (see below) to see if there's anything that Evernote can do about this,  and I'd suggest the same action with your email administrator to see if there is a setting to be altered in the mail setup.

Meantime:  are your attachments received at other email addresses correctly?  How about if you send a mail to another email address (and email client) and them forward it to Evernote from say Outlook?

Hi,I have tried forrwarding emails from lotus notes to gmail, then forwarding them from gmail to evernote and the same results appy. Forwarding a new email (ie originallty receveived in gmail from other gmail or hotmail users) from gmail to evernote does work.

A call has been placed with evernote, they were able to repoduce the problem but do not have a solution, and as I am the only one who has reported this isse the priority is low.

What I cannot understand is why has no one else reported this , unless there are note Lotus notes users using EVernote which I find a bit bizarre.

• Level 5*

If there are any Lotus Notes / Evernote users out there it would be interesting to hear from them even if the mail function works for them - maybe especially if the mail function works for them,  then we can work out how your system differs...

Archived