Recover Notebook files from Hard Drive

Hi, 

My computer crashed recently and I am trying to recover my local evernote notebooks. I have access to my old hard drive but I can't seem to find the evernote local notebook files. Could anyone please indicate what would be the default path and extension for local notebooks in Windows?

Thanks.

Hi, 

My computer crashed recently and I am trying to recover my local evernote notebooks. I have access to my old hard drive but I can't seem to find the evernote local notebook files. Could anyone please indicate what would be the default path and extension for local notebooks in Windows?

Thanks.

You would need a good copy of the your-user-name.exb file. All notebooks are stored in that file. I suggest you do regular backups in the future. Please search the board on the topic, since it's been discussed a lot.

• Level 5

Hi, 

Thanks.

In Windows 7, my .exb file is located in

C:\Users\JB2\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases\

• Level 5*

Same problem with me, but my friend suggest me SysTools Hard Drive Data Recovery Software its help me to recover or restore files or folders in a previous manner. So try this, i hope it also work for you...... :)

Thanks for the tip,  but if you have access to the drive and know where the folder is,  you shouldn't need to purchase extra help to get to it - and if you reinstall Evernote (free download) and sign in with your user details,  Evernote will always download (for free) any synced notes to your computer.  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Posted · Hidden by gazumped, January 2, 2015 - spam
Hidden by gazumped, January 2, 2015 - spam
"Emptying the Recycle Bin or Trash" or "Formatting the hard drive without backup" or "The hard drive is damaged due to Virus" and so on?

To restore your lost or deleted data from your hard drive, USB drive, SD cards and so on, you just need the Data Recovery program. Data Recovery provides safe, fast and total recovery. It is such a powerful and reliable disk recovery software for you to recover files from hard drive on your own. It supports the data recovery from all situations that may be lost by accident. 
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by jefito, January 25, 2015 - spam
Hidden by jefito, January 25, 2015 - spam
Glad to help you.to recover notes on iphone, you can choose two modes: recovering with backup in iTunes or no backup. the software i'd like to recommend is vary easy to use and it can be used under both of the two status.

only by three steps, you can get your deleted notes back easily. for more information, you can Google the iPhone Notes Recovery, then recover lost notes on iPhone

Read more: how to recover lost data from notebook (For Mac users)

• 10 months later...
Posted · Hidden by gazumped, November 27, 2015 - Spammer I think - 3 responses all the same topic
Hidden by gazumped, November 27, 2015 - Spammer I think - 3 responses all the same topic

Hard drive data loss is a major problem for all kind of users, if you want to resolve this type of issue, so suggest you get Recover Data Hard Drive Recovery Software that can easily remove or get rid of your all data loss issues as fast as possible.

Have a look at: recoverdatasoftware.com/recover-windows-files

• 3 years later...
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, NikkiBella said:

Maybe some tools would be useful.

If all you have are synced notebooks your data is always on EN servers for recovery.  If you have local; notebooks you can export them to ENEX format and then encrypt the results (7-zip or Veracrypt)  to a cloud service.  That way all your EN data is backed up in the cloud.  Similar for any other data you are concerned about.  Better protected in case of a disk crash.