Evernote wouldn't Update & Now it won't Open

Yesterday I started an update to EN. But it seemed to get hung up as there was no progress downloading. I tried swiping the program closed and tried again. Didn't work! It was still trying to download. Next, I shut down my Ipad,restarted, and tried again. Now the EN icon is missing. When I look at EN in my App Store purchases, it's there with the OPEN icon, but tapping on it does nothing.

I imagine I've lost everything I've saved, but now it can't even download it again to start from scratch. Help!

No, you did not lose everything. Everything is stored on Evernote's servers. You can verify this by logging using the desktop application or the web www.evernote.com.

Have you tried completely quitting out of the app store since you've restarted your iPad. Another option is to navigate to

Settings>usage>

And examine the list of applications that shows up there. This list shows every app installed on your device and the amount of storage it is taking up. It also allows you to delete applications. Is Evernote in that list? If so, tap Evernote and use the "delete app" button. This may fix the situation if your iPad got a bit confused while updating/uninstalling. 

Thanks for the help. So yes, my files are there on the Evernote servers. You mentioned settings>usage. I'm not sure where that is. And darn, I do remember a page in I-Tunes where I could delete an App, but now I can't even find that. So I'm going to look again tomorrow. Thanks again.

The settings app on your iPhone/iPad. It looks like gears.

And actually, I was wrong it's:

Settings>GENERAL>Usage

I forgot the "general" layer.

So on your home screen of your iOS device, look for the app with gears.

Also, I think force quitting (double-tap and swipe up) the App Store then re-opening may be a worthwhile first step if you haven't already done that.

Thanks for all your help. Your last post cleared things up for me. I looked at usage and found the EN icon without its label. After I tapped on the icon it opened up to another page where I could delete. I then downloaded again from the cloud and I'm all set. Great!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived