Failure of Evernote upon attempting upgrade to 5.3

JohnBecker

On 4-8-14 I followed an invitation from Evernote to upgrade from 5.2 to 5.5.0.3360.  I downloded the exe file and during installation received word that it "could not find the correct key.  It suggested retry, which did not help.  It also reported setup error (.\bootstrapper.ccp915) 0x643 Fatal Error.  It said it would backtrack and not disturb my system.  Nonetheless, Evernote disappeared from my laptop.  Subsequent efforts to install today, 4-9-13, including downloading a new copy directly from the Evernote.com site have resulted in the same responses.  I've tried installation after rebooting--no luck.  So far no response from my ticket to support at Evernote.com.

Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

John

I would open a support ticket. If you can backup your databases, that's never a bad idea :)

I have submitted a support ticket--haven't heard anything back yet.  You will notice below that Morris S is having the same problem.  We are both using the 64-bit Vista.  By the way, I sure miss using Evernote!

I had the same thing happen. I am on Vista 64.

I would open a support ticket. If you can backup your databases, that's never a bad idea :)

I did a search on my computer and found an earlier download of Evernote 5.0.2.  I clicked on that, and it successfully installed Evernote.  It's not the latest version.  However, it WORKS.  I hope this helps until there is a new version that Vista 64 can use.

Same problem as everyone else and tried the same things as everyone else as well. Windows 64 bit home premium version. Ticket No. 450049 - Update failure.  While waiting for your solution to my problem, I went to the Forums and found this link: http://cdn1.evernote.com/win5/prerelease/Evernote_5.3.0.3188.exe for an Evernote version earlier than Evernote_5.3.0.3360 which is the one that won't install properly for me.  That version installed properly on my computer.  So I have something for time being.

post-193344-0-63672100-1397108250_thumb.

post-193344-0-96236300-1397108269_thumb.

Same problem as everyone else and tried the same things as everyone else as well. Windows 64 bit home premium version. Ticket No. 450049 - Update failure.  While waiting for your solution to my problem, I went to the Forums and found this link: http://cdn1.evernote.com/win5/prerelease/Evernote_5.3.0.3188.exe for an Evernote version earlier than Evernote_5.3.0.3360 which is the one that won't install properly for me.  That version installed properly on my computer.  So I have something for time being.

Thank you, StLouisMan2.  That worked beautifully.  It is newer than my previous older copy.  I think that will be fine until there is another version I can install.

Thank you, StLouisMan2.  That worked beautifully.  It is newer than my previous older copy.  I think that will be fine until there is another version I can install.

You are welcome JohnBecker.

Archived