Bug: Note title can't be set, note disappears from view

Nathan T

I just created a note in Android and synced it.  When I synced EN for windows, the note count increased, showing that the note is 'present', but the note itself is not visible.  (I use an 'inbox' notebook for new notes.  There are three notes visible in the list for that notebook, but the number beside the folder is (4).)

Hmm.  After typing the above and switching back to Evernote, the note was visible, but titled "Untitled note" (or something to that effect), rather than the title I had entered.  When I try to enter a title, it deletes it as soon as I click out of the title field.  Then I tried moving the note to a different notebook.  The counts for both notebooks changed appropriately, but the note once again "disappeared".  Haven't been able to get it back yet.

Looking back at the Android app, none of these changes are showing up.  The note is still visible, with the correct title, in its original notebook.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Not a bug unless you can breed it - do any other test notes behave in the same way?  Try duplicating this note in Android and re-syncing.  That one note may be corrupted somehow.

Hmmn.  Not a bug unless you can breed it - do any other test notes behave in the same way?  Try duplicating this note in Android and re-syncing.  That one note may be corrupted somehow.

I'm not able to reproduce unfortunately.  However, anything that can cause note corruption seems like a "bug" to me.  (Even if it's a network issue or something outside of EN's control, I assume ideally they would like safeguards in place to avoid or fix corruption.)  Certainly being unable to consistently reproduce it would make it a very difficult to fix though!  I'm just reporting the sequence of events as completely as possible, in case it does turn out to be helpful, perhaps in combination with other reports.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm fairly new to evernote. But I have the same issue. I created a note in android. It was synced and I can see it in my pc. But it doens't have any title, although I can see the title in android.

Thanks,

Hossein

• Level 5*

Hi. I'm fairly new to evernote. But I have the same issue. I created a note in android. It was synced and I can see it in my pc. But it doens't have any title, although I can see the title in android.

Thanks,

Hossein

Well,  the OP's main complaint seemed to be that the note from the Android wasn't visible at all,  then that it appeared but the title couldn't be altered.  This wasn't repeatable.  Your situation is a little different in that you can see the note - so what happens if you try to change the title,  or 'share' the note from Android with your Evernote email address (to copy it)?

Archived