JeffreyC

android Scrollbar Interfering with Shortcuts

Using Evernote for Android 5.8.1

After the last update, (or, as I think about it, it might have happened when I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to to Android 4.4.2 KitKat), swiping from the right to bring up the shortcuts is impossible.  Instead, the scrollbar "fast scrolls" way down the note list.

I use the shortcuts all the time, so, this was a big hit for me.

Have high hopes a fix might come soon.

For what it's worth:

• If the note list is short, and, you swipe in, in a "open area" closer to the bottom, all seems okay.
  • If the Tags list is up, you can "swipe open" shortcuts a-okay.
  • All in all, it just functions a bit odd.

I hope all this helps.

Hi Jeffrey - thanks for the headsup.  While the devs read these pages,  they're concerned with future developments not fixing stuff that might be wrong with the current build;  if you haven't already,  I think it would be useful if you could raise a support ticket on this one to get a little direct attention to the issue...

they're concerned with future developments not fixing stuff that might be wrong with the current build

No necessarily true. Sometimes we're on an impacted schedule, but we usually try to get a good amount of polish in

• Like 1

they're concerned with future developments not fixing stuff that might be wrong with the current build

No necessarily true. Sometimes we're on an impacted schedule, but we usually try to get a good amount of polish in

OK I sit corrected - but wait;  not necessarily true?.....   ;)

Thanks dlu. Much appreciated. Correcting bugs is for sure a critical and good thing. Helps keep Evernote an amazing and greatly helpful tool. I sure miss my shortcuts. :-)

Ping..............

Sooooooo missing my Shortcuts on Android.  Probably everyday (if not multiple times per day) I try to swipe them out, but just scroll randomly through the notes list and cannot get Shortcuts to appear.

Hoping for a fix soon.

:)

• Like 1

Yup, agree this is a bummer. The only way to access shortcuts is not...short.

Actually, hitting the three dots to the bottom brings up a option to get the shortcuts. I can live with that for now :)

Thanks @emobot - I have never even noticed the "three dots."  That is a help.